[Desktop][Design] Spotify Blur Redesign

Hey there, 

Spotify on Mac and PC could use an minimal UI redesign, just to making a little bit less monotonous in the colour scheme. 

By taking the cover blurred and stretching it over the page, the UI gets a little bit more individual.

Here's the Player right now:

Before

Spotify now

After

And here with some minimal changes and the blur effect:

Spotify Blurred

Updated: 2015-09-21

Hey folks, Spotify staff here. At this time we don't have any plans to implement a blurred UI design on the Desktop app. However you can of course continue to leave your feedback and kudos here so we can get a better idea of how many users support this idea. Thanks everyone.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-07-22

Marked as new idea and edited it to let it focus on 1 request.
Your 2nd idea about playlist header scrolling has also been suggested here.

BryanC_avidmuso
Gig Goer

Hi, Looking Good, and I definitely agree that Spotify at the moment is looking monotonous.

But I'd like to add a few little tweaks into the experience.

original edit small.png

• Added a seperation line between content and headers, less precieved confusion.
  • Added the Album Artists profile link next to the album (Gives the Album the Artist's face to relate too)

Sorry if it isn't in the app's language (Swedish?) as it is a concept edit.

Mattk4

Love it! Really would make it a more dynamic player and a more appealing visual expirience. Job well done and hopefully this gets some legs!

phitra965
Casual Listener
jonasherdegen
Community Legend

That's just Awesome!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2015-09-21

Hey folks, Spotify staff here. At this time we don't have any plans to implement a blurred UI design on the Desktop app. However you can of course continue to leave your feedback and kudos here so we can get a better idea of how many users support this idea. Thanks everyone.

DesignByAdrian
Music Fan

Your image looks good, but I wonder how it would look with other blurred colours. Looking into Apple's ghastly iOS7 and Yosemite interfaces you'll see many examples of blurred colours, especially in the Find My Friends app, where the otherwise white interface looks like someone as urinated on it.

Using iTunes as another example - which does exactly like your idea - the UI sometimes looks cool with text colour and background look funky, but often you get an odd gradient and text that's hardly legible.

Zoebby
Regular

Hey Marco, that looks GREAT! Would love to have a desktop interface like that.

Deathtrapz

That looks amazing!! Definetly birghtens things up, since spotify is looking pretty bland right now.

dirtyred
Roadie

Looks really nice but I'd keep it as an option so users who don't like it can disable it.