Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Add support for Apple Silicon (ARM64 on Mac)

Feature request:

Add support for Apple Silicon in a future Spotify release on Mac OS.

Apple have recently released a new generation of Macs based on their own Apple Silicon. I hope that Spotify will prioritize native support for this new CPU architecture.  If so the best music platform on the Mac, will continue running great natively on the new generation Mac hardware.

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for bringing your feedback to the Community Idea Exchange and participating in this Beta test!

Your input has been invaluable and helped us tweak the app to make full use of the new CPU architecture.

We're happy to announce that the app is now out of Beta and can be downloaded from our website. You should automatically get the correct version for your Mac's CPU and all updates will be automatic as well, just the way it was in the past.

This idea is now officially implemented! Thanks once more for all your votes and posts.

Happy listening! 🎶

Comments
CeramicCash

Just do it! The fact this 'idea' needs to be voted enough to even be considered by Spotify is ridiculous..

cugen

It's been more than 2 months and still no m1 version. It is kinda sad

edit from february 2021: im literally gonna cancel my premium but im too lazy to move everything to apple music. i don't want to give another penny to a company which doesn't **bleep** about its (paying) customers.

brolnickij

Please tell us when can we expect an arm64 version? Thank you!

joseramonc

Please do! Really looking forward to running a M1 version of spotify into macOS

eyeino

Spotify, you really need to get on the ARM train. The desktop client you have right now is crashing on my M1 Mac constantly. You can just flag your iPad app for use on it in the meantime. I can tell you that it already works better than the desktop client, by using iMazing's software.

aenect

Yes this would be great! Alongside the Roku TV video casting issue.

9a-ckkh_yhtnn

This seems like something that should have been resolved much earlier. For a paid service I am struggling to understand the lack of an M1 version, given many open source, free, software projects that volunteers work on already support the platform. 

Pawelma

Just do it already Spotify. The last.fm scrobbler (of all things) is the only thing keeping me with your platform.

aayush2494

Looks like Spotify has not planned any arm release or plan was not in roadmap till Dec 2020. It will take minimum 2 month for it to come globally.

Sadly New Mac users are bound to switch to apple music.

mahdyar

Any updates?