Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Add support for Apple Silicon (ARM64 on Mac)

Feature request:

Add support for Apple Silicon in a future Spotify release on Mac OS.

Apple have recently released a new generation of Macs based on their own Apple Silicon. I hope that Spotify will prioritize native support for this new CPU architecture.  If so the best music platform on the Mac, will continue running great natively on the new generation Mac hardware.

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for bringing your feedback to the Community Idea Exchange and participating in this Beta test!

Your input has been invaluable and helped us tweak the app to make full use of the new CPU architecture.

We're happy to announce that the app is now out of Beta and can be downloaded from our website. You should automatically get the correct version for your Mac's CPU and all updates will be automatic as well, just the way it was in the past.

This idea is now officially implemented! Thanks once more for all your votes and posts.

Happy listening! 🎶

Comments
eurohilli

There is the browser based option, but I like the app, if it would work properly. I'll give them a little more time, then I might consider Apple Music again. Same price, but another 10 odd million songs.

jacobnoori

There are multiple threads on this and absolutely no meaningful communication from Spotify. I've switched my family over to Apple One and I'm loving the tight integration with my other Apple devices along with more songs.

dudoripenem

I am giving them a maximum of one year from the time the M1 macs were released. If still don't have anything going on by then, I will be moving back my own family, my GF's family, my parent's family, and my brother's family back to Apple Music. That's a total of 4 family subscriptions. I am the resident family IT, so I manage everything tech related, including subscriptions.

I really hope it won't come to this, but I am getting tired of having to explain why the Spotify desktop apps on their M1 Macs suck balls.

I moved them all from Apple Music (because I am starting to hate Apple's new refund policies). I will move them back to Apple Music if need be.

This is just preposterous.

eurohilli

It just crashed on me, again. They have until the end of this month, May, 2021 to fix their app. Then it's Apple Music.

safrankov

Spotify works very badly on my M1 mac. I temporarily use the PWA version, but it also works very badly. Need native support.

CalcarAvis

Anyone got any good recommendations for swapping Spotify playlists over to Apple Music? 

eurohilli

The only thing keeping me around, for now, is the fact that I don't want to have to start from scratch, unless there is a way to transfer all my playlists and for Apple Music to pick up where I leave Spotify which has learned, and is still learning my taste in music, and to be honest, it is playing what I want to hear 99% of the time. But still, the app needs to stop crashing, and soon. What I have done out of sheer desperation is to delete the app entirely and to re-install it. Here's hoping... 

bragrods

Is there an easy way to migrate playlists to Apple Music? Seems for me that the Spotify team is not interested in help. It's not a thing that needs to be voted, they should managed to deal with for themselves.

__dammit__

For those looking to transfer, this has worked well for me: https://soundiiz.com/tutorial/spotify-to-apple-music If you don't want to pay you'll have to make some of your long playlists shorter. 

hampa

Nice way of losing customers Spotify, shaking my head. This is badwill in a nutshell.

Nothing but embarrassingly bad for a paid service. 

Adobe, Microsoft, Google and Docker has managed to release native versions of their extensive programs/suits, while you, with an Electron based (!) software haven't even managed to give an ETA in close to 7 months. 

You can turn this badwill into goodwill in a click by making the iPad app available. How can you not have done this yesterday?