Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Add support for Apple Silicon (ARM64 on Mac)

Feature request:

Add support for Apple Silicon in a future Spotify release on Mac OS.

Apple have recently released a new generation of Macs based on their own Apple Silicon. I hope that Spotify will prioritize native support for this new CPU architecture.  If so the best music platform on the Mac, will continue running great natively on the new generation Mac hardware.

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for bringing your feedback to the Community Idea Exchange and participating in this Beta test!

Your input has been invaluable and helped us tweak the app to make full use of the new CPU architecture.

We're happy to announce that the app is now out of Beta and can be downloaded from our website. You should automatically get the correct version for your Mac's CPU and all updates will be automatic as well, just the way it was in the past.

This idea is now officially implemented! Thanks once more for all your votes and posts.

Happy listening! 🎶

Comments
Joichi

Nearly two months now on Apple music. Not having an autoplay function on desktop was a killer, but recent update has enabled autoplay on Apple Music desktop! Good bye Spotify, hello Apple One.

PS1607

Spotify keeps crashing on my M1 MacBook.

Spotify Crash ReportSpotify Crash Report

Gerwin1978

The arrogance in the status update by the staff:

"Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes."

We are paying customers! Have been for years. Fix your app! 

fotojon

I’ve had enough of this all**bleep** and of my own empty threats… As of yesterday Apple Music announced lossless and high-res lossless coming in June, no price increase. 

Bye bye Spotify. 
I hope more people will follow. 

AliceWonder

This is just BS.
Having an electron-based app and not moving a finger to just write "electron-builder --mac --arm64" is a whole new level of indifference to your paying customers.
Y'know, maybe I gotta give Apple Music a try?

More than 2.3K votes and it is still tagged as New Idea. This is absurd as if Spotify doesn't care about it's users.

Seriously thinking about switching!

dudoripenem

I’ve just cancelled Spotify and will be moving 5 other family accounts back to Apple Music. This is just absurd. Spotify is too busy shoving their podcasts down everyone’s throats and fighting Apple in court to care about us. In their eyes, we’re just a number. They’ve painted Apple as the big bad company while they are the people’s choice, but sadly, they’re just the same. They’re just both greedy companies. At least with Apple Music I don’t suffer daily because of technical issues. Pick your poison. Goodbye everyone! Good luck!

8ED10913-F175-4230-87C1-15DD0205689D.png

After announcement of Lossless at no extra cost, more and more people are switching to Apple Music.

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 180 votes in 6 months! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

AliceWonder

At least 180 in 6 months? Are you kidding? It has more than 2.3k votes at the time. When will you say something more meaningful than "Thanks for your suggestion maybe spotify will check it out"? What's "enough votes" for you?