Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Other] Toggle on/off the dynamic background color of the lyrics feature.

Hi,

It’s a bit sad to see the similar ideas have been closed. But it shows that other folks have the same feeling as me. We all enjoyed the lyrics function. However, some of the background colors are too bright to watch.

I was hoping that there is a toggle to turn on/off the dynamic color. And, when turning it off, I can choose a color I like as the fixed background color.

Thank you!

Updated on 2022-03-21

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
rguedes90

This red background color is literally hurting my eyes. Please, we need an option to change it back to black.

color.png
Mario
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-10-19

Hey there,

Thanks for submitting this to the Idea Exchange!

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

rafaeltakahashi

I agree. Often, the automatically picked color is very bright and saturated. The background color's saturation should be reduced.

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

misaelhanssen

please, i want to choose different colors of background when lyrics are on, cuz, some people like me can't see through some colors and lyrics, like red background, make me dizzy and cause headache... 

Jeremy
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

Cheers!

Egg95

Sometimes the color changes to bright red or pink and it's really painful on the eyes, i know that this idea has been posted before and didn't gain enough votes but i'm really hoping it's customizable if not i won't be able to enjoy the lyrics feature

Jeremy
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-19

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

Cheers!

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-07-25

Hey @misaelhanssen 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

MOOMINYOP

I think some lyrics background it is too bad for the eyes ;-;