Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Developer] Spotify for Windows on Arm (Win32) Desktop app badly needed

Can you tell me when Spotify will be released for Windows on ARM and where on your Roadmap it is?

Windows on ARM PCs have been out a few years now and whilst the 32-Bit Windows App works, due to software emulation not optimally.

Apple announced on the 22nd of June Macs are moving to ARM starting the end of the year and they expect the transition away from Intel to ARM to take 2 years. Both Microsoft and Adobe are working on ARM compatibility.

Currently on my Microsoft Surface Pro X I have to use the 32-Bit download which lags.

A new idea was posted for this last year but it's been closed as it didn't get enough Likes but it didn't get enough Likes as it's been closed 😕 -

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Desktop-Compile-Spotify-for-ARM64-windows/idi-p/478113...

Thanks

Updated on 2023-08-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that we're rolling out an app compatible with ARM PCs. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here in the Community!

Comments
e-_6umdgxzz0u

I really want to see this on my Surface Pro X!

alibabahck

Spotify also runs very poorly on my ARM based Samsung Galaxy Book2- it's really slow. Also it would be great if the music kept playing when the the power button is pressed and the machine goes into low power mode- say when you want to move somewhere with you computer or perhaps you just want to charge the music can still continue to play through your stereo or headphones. This sort of functionality is standard on phones and many of the Microsoft Store UWP apps.

Luan
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2020-07-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

bradavon
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-07-12

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

bradavon

@ Spotify Developers and Moderators:

Can you tell us when Spotify will be released for Windows on ARM and where on your Roadmap it is?
alibabahck

I would like to add that Spotify is very slow on my Windows on Arm laptop- only just being worth having installed. I'm not sure how difficult it is to recompile or if it is possible yet but I would be happy assist with any testing if needed.

bradavon

@ alibabahck 

Good idea. I'd be interested in beta testing a compatible app.

I've read mixed reports, from it being easy to recompile (no lines of code change) to can be more complex depending on what's required.

ktham

Yes please. ARM64 support was already added to Electron and even VS Code has an ARM64 version for windows. I'd like the same for spotify 

bobby9036

Yes please, the Spotify app is barely usable on my Surface Pro X.