Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Developer] Spotify for Windows on Arm (Win32) Desktop app badly needed

Can you tell me when Spotify will be released for Windows on ARM and where on your Roadmap it is?

Windows on ARM PCs have been out a few years now and whilst the 32-Bit Windows App works, due to software emulation not optimally.

Apple announced on the 22nd of June Macs are moving to ARM starting the end of the year and they expect the transition away from Intel to ARM to take 2 years. Both Microsoft and Adobe are working on ARM compatibility.

Currently on my Microsoft Surface Pro X I have to use the 32-Bit download which lags.

A new idea was posted for this last year but it's been closed as it didn't get enough Likes but it didn't get enough Likes as it's been closed 😕 -

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Desktop-Compile-Spotify-for-ARM64-windows/idi-p/478113...

Thanks

Updated on 2023-08-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that we're rolling out an app compatible with ARM PCs. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here in the Community!

Comments
tuberdise202

Would be great to have this!

guererojpa

Spotify ok Windows ARM plsssssssss

dennisameling

Would be fantastic to have a native ARM64 build for better performance and battery life! 🚀

didier3001

With more and more ARM device it just make sense so hopefully we will see this coming soon

carad0g

Absolutely! This is needed and is dumb to not have. Also, when screen is off, keep playing! Don't stop the music!!!

carlomendoza

please do this

Ikol89891

Please do It!

hopeja192

Needed for the future developments of Windows and Spotify has the means to work on it. They need to do it

ktham

Would love an update here from Spotify

stogdan

This should be prioritized. ARM is the future of mobility with its superior battery life. Macs are moving to ARM, and Windows already have been running on ARM for several years.