Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Developer] Spotify for Windows on Arm (Win32) Desktop app badly needed

Can you tell me when Spotify will be released for Windows on ARM and where on your Roadmap it is?

Windows on ARM PCs have been out a few years now and whilst the 32-Bit Windows App works, due to software emulation not optimally.

Apple announced on the 22nd of June Macs are moving to ARM starting the end of the year and they expect the transition away from Intel to ARM to take 2 years. Both Microsoft and Adobe are working on ARM compatibility.

Currently on my Microsoft Surface Pro X I have to use the 32-Bit download which lags.

A new idea was posted for this last year but it's been closed as it didn't get enough Likes but it didn't get enough Likes as it's been closed 😕 -

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Desktop-Compile-Spotify-for-ARM64-windows/idi-p/478113...

Thanks

Updated on 2023-08-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that we're rolling out an app compatible with ARM PCs. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here in the Community!

Comments
Barionic

Works great on a Surface Pro X SQ2 w/ Win 11 22H2. Didn't encounter any issues so far and the client is really quite responsive. I sincerely hope there will be an official release of a Win ARM64 client. I am sure, the (growing) community appreciates all the efforts you have put into the project so far... 😉

JonS1

Night and day difference to the emulated version of the app. Runs very smoothly so far (Surface Pro X SQ2, 16GB RAM), super-responsive, a very noticeable improvement. Makes using Spotify a pleasure again. I will keep testing and feedback further.

razifw

Worked for a couple of days before, now I get a error code:accesspoint:19 whenever I try login. Anyone got any solutions?

bradavon

I'm getting the same:

bradavon_0-1654794059450.png

I can still login fine using:

1. The Web App
2. The x86 32-Bit Win32 App on another Windows PC.

So it's the new ARM64 app not my account?

I've just uninstalled the ARM64 app - downloaded it again from the Download link on Page 4 - reinstalled it 😭 - same issue 😭

bradavon

Error 19 is listed here but just says to reinstall the app but I've tried this already:

Logging in on desktop app & error messages - The Spotify Community

Error code access point 19 - The Spotify Community

bradavon

I've Private Messaged Elena, one of the moderators who posted comments about the ARM64 app on 30/05/22.

I couldn't PM Alex who actually posted the download link as they have PMs turned off.

Hopefully, Elena will get back to me.

alibabahck

I am also getting exactly the same "accesspoint:19" error message unfortunately in the ARM64 version of the app. Unable to log in.

booruce

same problem, cannot login even though account details are correct. same issue when using FB login and direct login

bradavon

Elena hasn't replied to my PM/yet 😢.

It broke 2 days ago now. I think it's time to start contacting their support. I a suspicion when they said they were going to finally support ARM64 it would be poor service.

Will raise a support case and post here, suggest others do the same. Include these two links:

The post with the ARM64 download Alex posted:

[Desktop][Developer] Spotify for Windows on Arm (W... - Page 4 - The Spotify Community

The post from when we all start commenting it's broken:

[Desktop][Developer] Spotify for Windows on Arm (W... - Page 5 - The Spotify Community

Thanks

Just got a Surface Pro X a few days ago and was excited to test the ARM version of Spotify but getting the same error 19 at login.