Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Discover] new release button

What i want to suggest here it's pretty simple:

I found myself using and spend a lot of time with Spotify app on my desktop pc, in my case it's Mac mini but vailed for regular Windows pc.

sometimes it's nice to follow up on new releases before Friday and listen to them.

What i want to see here?

same button that already appears on the mobile app. (bell button)

Platforms:

Desktop - Mac and Windows

PSB example from my Iphone app 

IMG_C375A097AF95.png

Updated on 2023-09-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the New Releases button is now available on Desktop 🙂

download.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Cheers.

Comments
Sheklon

Please, consider this suggestion.  It's a basic and key feature of any modern app that allows you to follow people. It feels contradictory to allow for following artists and not have that option imply any real function, especially when said function does exist on the mobile version.

chainkidd

this NEEDS to be added asap!!! I have been wondering why this wasnt added to desktop for months, because why add a feature to mobile only????? PLEASE ADD THIS SPOTIFY!!!!!!!

ngingogij0erytn

2022-09-12 and a "What's new" or bell button is still not added to the desktop app.

These are the kind of things that make people consider switching to another music service altogether. There's ZERO reason for this to not be available on all platforms. 

timkraaijvanger

It could be easily implemented in the new design:

Ontwerp zonder titel (27).png

How hard can it be/how much can it cost to add this feature?  It is super annoying that it doesn't exist already and we have to do this silly forum voting to try to get it added.

It's like the people who develop and run spotify never actually use the product...

Also, this feature is crucial for users who listen to podcasts through Spotify.

bryla33

I found the "What's new" feature handy on my phone. I listen to many podcasts that release new episodes daily. The feature helps me to navigate through the episodes I haven't listened to yet.

However, I listen to them on both my phone and laptop. Since there is no problem on the phone, listening on the computer is complicated. I have to use the phone as a remote controller for Spotify...and from what I can see, I'm not the only one.

It would be great to have the "What's new" feature available on the desktop versions of Spotify.

sbwRain

I love the "Whats' New" feature on mobile, it's so easy to check if your favourite artists released something new. I use Spotify on PC a lot and I think this feature should be added to desktop app as well!

KD123

For the love of all that is holy add this button in. It's so simple. We want to be able to find new music from artists we like & podcasts we listen to.

Believe it or not there are still lots of people who use computers on a daily basis....

mortiis469

So extremely glad to see the ongoing support for this addition to the Desktop version of Spotify.    I have no clue when it comes to programming, development, etc.    That said,  I'd be very surprised if this request was really that difficult to implement?   It's not one of those requests that would cause an uprising either.  It doesn't seem to me like a request that would annoy or frustrate people (?).     Please everyone, keep the thread alive.   It was last updated to "Good Suggestion" in June of 2022.  5 months now, and wondering how quickly this could get bumped up.  I'd be thrilled if they could implement this, and if not before the New Year, then in the first quarter of 2023.   This is a no brainer and would do nothing except HELP an already amazing app / service.