Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Discover] new release button

What i want to suggest here it's pretty simple:

I found myself using and spend a lot of time with Spotify app on my desktop pc, in my case it's Mac mini but vailed for regular Windows pc.

sometimes it's nice to follow up on new releases before Friday and listen to them.

What i want to see here?

same button that already appears on the mobile app. (bell button)

Platforms:

Desktop - Mac and Windows

PSB example from my Iphone app 

IMG_C375A097AF95.png

Updated on 2023-09-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the New Releases button is now available on Desktop 🙂

download.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Cheers.

Comments
nicolaselhani

It's surprising that this idea has not yet been implemented on desktop.

Expected behavior from a paid subscription service regarding Artists one manually decides to follow:

1. From the inception of Spotify, the most basic thing would have been to have the option to turn on "Notifications" once an Artist we follow uploads new Music, that's the main point of "Following" an Artist. Notifications from Spotify were never on and never worked. So the fall-back is going to Point no. 2 below.

2. Failing to do the above, to have a section similar to the "Subscriptions" section on YouTube where all new Music from Artists we follow are shown chronologically. This has been implemented on mobile (iOS/android) only in July 2021. But better late than never. 

3. The desktop version still has neither of the points above. It is still impossible to see what new music, the artists one follows has been released in one comprehensive section on the Desktop app.

It is surprising since this is a comprehensive music service and you'd think this would be a core pillar of their business. I would definitely be using the serivce more, knowing I could easily see what my favorite followed artists are putting out as their latest releases in one section on desktop. 

My 2 cents.

trollcracker76

I feel Spotify has been very passive implementing new ideas. You don't need to wait a gazillion years and a billion kudos to implement something that is very useful to the people. I don't know the size of the development team, but this Idea is around for a very long time. I miss it for years. It already exists in Android (finally) and would not be very hard to bring to the desktop apps as well. I'm not aware of the internal plans and roadmap for the apps, but you could just add some time slot in the sprints to please the streamers who pays the subscription for a long time. Little increments makes a better product and a loyal customer. 

krayleb

Currently have to have Spotify open on my phone and desktop at the same time. I have the "Access Local Network" settings enabled on my phone, I open the "What's New" page on my phone and then tell it to play the song on my desktop. 

fstop

New user. Please bring the bell to the desktop app!

teerapapc

Please implement this feature. It should be easy because the feature is implemented for the mobile app.

Sonorosan

Hey, it's the end of 2022 and I feel ridiculous that I've to check the new releases on my phone, play them from the app and then ask the phone to transfer the streaming music on my PC.
Make the app and the Desktop work at the same way please.

Skoll98

Literally moved from Youtube and made a Spotify account because I saw online that I can follow artists and get notified when they release a new song, whereas Youtube notifications don't always work. Apparently, on desktop (the only platform I care about) I cannot. Will be going back to Youtube until this is a feature.

Oranjeboo

maybe instead of changing it to 'good suggestion' you should change it to 'how did we miss this' and then just fix it. slackers

Goadah

This needs to be a feature. How is this not on the platform already? Why do the mobile apps and desktop apps have different features? Makes no sense

framedbyaustin

Pleeeaaasseee this is a daily frustration when I’m at my computer. The home page is too messy to figure out, I use the What’s New section on my phone every day. And it’s nuts to have to use my phone then search what I can easily see on my phone manually on the desktop app.