Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-06-16

Hey @Marco we're back to update this idea 🙂 

We've had a chat with the Desktop team and this is still not in current roadmap. However, we've let them know this is a top idea with close to 5,000 votes and asked them to let us know ASAP if something changes on this. They're getting all the feedback and comments here as well. Keep an eye here for any updates, thanks!

rixirootm

No offense, but that sounds like a way of putting us all down gently, meaning.. it will never happen.

Again, a paying subscriber, I think I speak for many people when I say that this should be a priority, considering this thread and everything that's been said here.

As for the dev team, I've been using Spotify for nearly two years, and I've never noticed any change, except for the annoying facebook bar that always pops up. Perhaps you should put them to work! =P

becoop
You know what costs more than making this feature? The number of emails
generated asking about the feature.
becoop
You know what costs more than making this feature? The number of emails
generated asking about the feature.
GaryThomlinson

So what you are saying as an audio content provider is that the quality of the experience is unimportant?

rixirootm

That's exactly what it means, in a way.

Try to look at this from a business point of view. Spotify already has its customers and they're making a killing. It's of no benefit to them to do this for us, nor would it attract more customers (probably). All that can really be said is that a few might leave Spotify because they want an EQ and it would really just be out of retaliation, but in the end.. Spotify is Spotify, and most of those will probably come back when they consider the alternatives, and I'm sure Spotify knows this. It would be a very small % of people anyway, probably far less than 1%.

So yeah, it sucks, but that's the truth of the world. Business is business and Spotify is a business.

The problem is that there's no real competition (that I know of), so they don't need to do this, but.. one day, there will be.

They've already said today, in a roundabout way, that it's not important to them at the moment.

JohnDaniel299

Guys, really, An APP FOR MUSIC that doesnt carry an EQ... What are you THINKING??? Just PUT THE DAM THING ON IT! WE are PAYING you for this. JUST PUT THE EQ FUNCTION IN ALL THE APPS AND VERSIONS OF IT. DO IT NOW! STOP TALKING ABT IT AND DO IT. ITS NOT THAT DIFFICULT. IF you dont do it, I promiss you, people will leave you for another one who does it. You will see. And dont tell me you're already done it because my android never had it anywhere and the desktop version on my mac either. 

BoJonJovi

Yes yes yes. Please add an equalizer and balance control to desktop and chrome.

jaybelknap

Windows 10 and Mac OS X support please 

israelfaria

At least for me it doesn't sound as hard to push this feature as the oldness of this idea seems to imply. Sometimes I long the times when all we had was Napster, Winamp and huge ammount of time to curate playlists...

Winamp had an internal equalizer, a unmatched visualisation psychodelic fractal images. Lets wait to see Spotify catch up with 1998..