Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Full Discography Reinstatement

The full chronological artist discography, with all tracks listed out, has been removed from artist pages. Please add this back, as it was the most efficient way to explore an Artist's discography. Very simple.

Spotify seems to be attempting to bury this issue by closing attempts to bring it up and referring to other versions of this question that have also been closed. This is a new issue for users that are experiencing this change for the first time.

See:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Desktop-Put-all-of-an-artist-s-songs-back-on-their-pag...

and:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Browse-Provide-a-simple-Tracklist-with-a...

Updated on 2021-04-06

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We'll mark this Idea as "Under Consideration" as we discuss ways in the team to bring this use-case back to Desktop, and perhaps to web for the first time.

You can currently play through the entire discography (with shuffle on or off) by using the large play button on the artist page, but we appreciate that starting this from a specific track was something many of you were keen on.

You can get more info about this here. You can also take a peek at the newsroom announcement for the new desktop app.

You can also Subscribe via the 3-dot menu and keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Cheers!

Comments
grandterr

I like the way it is, but seeing all the songs is useful as well. So maybe the page should stay as is and when you press "see all" then all the songs are visible.

MuzakMaker

@Elena

I think you missed the main point a lot of us were making (just like Dan kept missing the point in the post you linked). This wasn't about being to play from a specific point, this was about removing the ability to browse at all.

Thank you for "under consideration" but this never should have been removed in the first place.

This is a desktop app, not a web app the sooner the team realize that, the less complaints you will see.

ZbP

My Sunday was like: Hmm, update to Spotify, let’s see, okay, hmm yes, nice, then I typed in artist name… Common, where is discography? Oh yes, here we go. WHAT? Ok, where is the setting to get this unfolded. WHAT? No setting? So where is it? WHERE IS IT? RAGE… Hmm how can I revert to older version? Where can I complain about this nonsense? Is this a joke? Shall I leave?

Felair

For the love of all that's holy please fix this. I get that there are different ways to listen to music but whoever gave to the "Yea let's do this!" seal of approval to this definitely need to get a different task within the company or just a new job..

grandterr

You should remember we hate change, especially of what has been there for a long time.

astetz

The new desktop app is a horrible downgrade in terms of basic functionality -- unbelievable that you've taken away the ability to quickly see actual lists of songs on artist pages.  At the bare minimum please allow users to revert back to the old version!

SquidsAndThings

I'm ready to cancel my premium account over this issue. Hiding songs behind multiple buttons makes your service unusable. Please bring this feature back.

THALEXIS32XD

Not only that but to mention that the community nearly has 24 full pages of complaint of saying the hole new "web" UI for desktop is such a downgrade. IMO the Spotify team should reconsider this change and at least gave us a way to rollback to the old UI. People keep complayining and commenting about this topic, because we really need to be heard by the devs.  

Other_Self

New update is garbage, and here is why:

1) Visually its way worse than before, text is now more contrast and hurts my eyes, panels are WAY too big and resizing the app doesnt make it better.

2) New artists desing is terrible cuz now i have to dig through every album and single to find "that one song". WHY?

3) "Liked songs" looks, once again, terrible. There is a header which uses HALF OF THE SCREEN. Again, WHY?

4) "Your library" now contains all of my artists, playlists, albums, etc. Once again, i have to dig through dozens of menus to reach something that i wanted. 

5) Big "Create a playlist" button right ON THE TOP of "Liked songs".  WHY? WHY? WHY?

6) "Home" is also way uninformative and WHY DO I HAVE TO SCROLL THROUGH ALL OF THIS TO GET TO "DISCOVER WEEKLY" AND "RELEASE RADAR" PLAYLISTS IF I ALREADY HAVE "PLAYLISTS" TAB IN MY LIBRARY? 

At this point im just frustrated with how the new design if OUT OF TOUCH with the community's opinions and the common sense itself.

Kristine08

Having track listings visible is pretty much the bare minimum of any music player. The fact that it is gone in this update is mindboggling. For a company that is all about music discovery, Spotify is making it mighty difficult to discover the actual music.