Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Full Discography Reinstatement

The full chronological artist discography, with all tracks listed out, has been removed from artist pages. Please add this back, as it was the most efficient way to explore an Artist's discography. Very simple.

Spotify seems to be attempting to bury this issue by closing attempts to bring it up and referring to other versions of this question that have also been closed. This is a new issue for users that are experiencing this change for the first time.

See:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Desktop-Put-all-of-an-artist-s-songs-back-on-their-pag...

and:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Browse-Provide-a-simple-Tracklist-with-a...

Updated on 2021-04-06

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We'll mark this Idea as "Under Consideration" as we discuss ways in the team to bring this use-case back to Desktop, and perhaps to web for the first time.

You can currently play through the entire discography (with shuffle on or off) by using the large play button on the artist page, but we appreciate that starting this from a specific track was something many of you were keen on.

You can get more info about this here. You can also take a peek at the newsroom announcement for the new desktop app.

You can also Subscribe via the 3-dot menu and keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Cheers!

Comments
werepancake

Fully agree, please bring this back!

andyisavinit

I don't understand the need to bring the desktop app more in-line with the mobile app.

Personally I work off a 27" iMac. The space I have available for the desktop app to display a lot of information on one page is significant. I know 27" is a large screen but the desktop app should be designed with this in mind. Most peoples computers, screens or laptops running the desktop app are WAY larger than a mobile or tablet screen.

Therefore need to be played out accordingly for the best user experience on each platform !

andyisavinit

andyisavinit_0-1617784813405.png

How does that look good? How do the little thumbnails help?

urz0r

@Elena thanks for the update, but I also think you somewhat missed the point of this topic.

This is not only about playing from a specific song, it's about seeing all of an artist's songs on one page. I might or might not play a song, but the main feature was just having a convenient way of browsing and exploring an artist. 

This won't be solved by a "play discography from specific song" workaround either, we just need the full list view back...

I still completely do not understand why you removed this feature, there's literally zero benefit from a user perspective. An explanation would help, is it performance issues? Misguided UX principles?

On a sidenote – people, please stay on topic, this isn't an all around rage thread on the new update, it's specifically about one removed feature.

ZbP

@urz0r Honestly, it is a bit hard to stay on topic and calm when all the feedback from Spotify so far is pure 'damage control' marketing stuff and frustration from new UI raises more as I am using it.

I really would like to hear at least some reasonable explanations. At least for removing full discography option. In old UI we could switch to tiles if we wanted.

S13ni

This so much. **bleep** me off so much when I noticed the upgrade. Finding a song when you don't remember which album it was on is so much harder now.
Why does Spotify always make random patches that remove perfectly good working features?

codomojump

test

IcEEyE

I 100% agree with this.  This is my main use case for Spotify.  I like to pick an artist and then go through all their songs. This can span multiple sessions so I need a way to start in the middle and also go back a few songs if I miss something. This new change renders Spotify practically unusable for me.

gimli217

This new update sucks absolute donkey water. Why would you make finding music harder.. on a music finding platform? What monkey is designing this app? Do you even use it yourself? Why would you go from searching EVERYTHING with just a scroll wheel to making me click into every single release and album. I will cancel my subscription if this isn't rolled back in the next month.

Also stop with your trash robotic responses. It's just making everyone more angry with you. Do you WANT to lose paying users? Give us what we want. WE are the ones paying you. You work for us, we aren't your guinea pigs.

gimli217

I'm moving to Youtube music if this isn't changed back in the next month. Your move you stubborn mules.