Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Add visuals (or upload) for desktop and TV

I think it would be awesome to add a visuals feature, for Desktop and TV players (Roku). Some times I just don't want to see the menu while I'm listening  music, to delve into the full experience of what you want to hear, visuals reenforce it and if you have the chance to customize what you watch while listing to music, it only amplifies the experience, a whole no perspective of audiovisuals. 

With an "on and off " button if the listener wants to use it or not.

Updated on 2022-01-10

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Peter
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-04-23

Hey @DaleCocoDale,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We've now marked this as a new idea. You might also want to check out and add your vote to this similar idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Cheers!

Ting3

How many times a request must be submitted before you consider it? Once a year for the last five years is not enough? It takes few hours for a software developer to make a decent music visualiser... We are not asking you for the moon. Can you simply think out of the limit of the 100 kudos and consider that this is a very very very very very very simple feature that could improve the appeal of your app? 

Matteo1a

I want a visualizer for my Samsung Smart TV app!!!!

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

skylarkyy

User can select differrent kind of animations such as disco disc, and equalizer.

siccus

I have used a big screen for years now, right now a 4K 50" with Ambilight which is great for a party feeling when I want that.
I use Spotify daily and I have tested several third party apps but I really don't like any of them.
Especially since I have to tab back and forth to change songs, see what is playing or what time a certain part of a song is, add songs, delete songs, see what artist is playing, and much more. 

I have been a faithful premium subscriber for about 10 years now and this is the one thing I really would like to ask for in return.

The new desktop update looks amazing on a big screen and the last thing to complete it would really be a built in visualiser. 

Please, please, PLEASE Spotify. Add this feature and make me and so many more fans happy. It would really change the experience for the better.

siccus

As my post was flagged as spam when I tried to link to a Reddit post on the r/spotify where I attempt(successfully) to gather users who share this wish of mine, I tried to link it in comments. Sadly, the comment too was flagged as spam. 

So the only thing I can do is give you the title of the post and have people look it up on their own, so sorry for the inconvenience for anyone trying to show their support. The title of the reddit post is: Let's get together and show Spotify it's worth their time adding a built in Desktop Visualiser

Cheers 

N8_TGK

Oh please god yes! Also add the lines between songs back, and PLEASE PLEASE make it so that switching to a new album or playlist it keeps your old position insteasd of scrolling to the top when you switch back. It used to be this way but was changed for god only knows what reason.

But yes, PLEASE add a visualizer I can't say enough how much we need this!

txhno

yes

tedmiester

Yeah we need this.