Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] More options for full screen mode

For some of the spotify made playlist, there are different color gradients while in full screen mode.  Apart from the normal grey gradient.  If there was a way to have custom preferences for full screen mode, that would make it much more appealing, and be a great thing to have on in the background during a party.

Some of the options could be, 

• One color: pick a color, and the background is that gradient
  • Cycling colors: the gradients will cycle through all the available colors
  • Picture / gif upload: someone could upload a specific .jpeg or .gif and it will be behind the album cover, title, artist.
  • Different stylized options for the album cover:  This one might be more complex, but it could have the album off to a side, then the other side have the artist / title.  The extra space could also be filled with some of the gifs from the mobile app on spotify that artist can upload.

I would very much enjoy more options, to have more visual interest at my parties.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
dxtrum

Yes I like this idea, I have always wanted to control the background when on fullscreen mode. I always thought it was weird that it Spotify only did that for certain playlists and it seemed like it was set on a song for song basis.

WoodyTheBassist

Would be great if it could also work with the videos feature, maybe also including music videos. Something Spotify is sorely missing!

atticusrussell

I agree with this. My TV is in my living room and music is often a focal point when I when I host something. It would be great to have some advanced customization options. It would certainly make a big difference for me, and its a feature I think many people would use. 

Katerina
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-02-21

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

I was excited to hear the new ELO song on Friday’s release radar. Imagine our surprise when we got some terrible, vulgar hip-hop. We were very disappointed & it seems beneath you. How can anyone listen to such **bleep**?

aprilsnow

Voted for this idea as iOS app can nicely map background color for playing song with the album color design. While on my MacOS desktop it's just dull grey. Would be great there is similar visual effect.

Related, also want to raise a small issue of the full screen mode. I mainly use desktop Spotify on MacOS, and use the left top green button to put it in a full screen (call this style A). This is also equal by using Spotify menu View - Enter Full Screen. Now the other Spotify full screen (call this style B) discussed here by click the button on right bottom corner, it's nice to enter. But when exit, it will completely go back to a normal screen (not full size), while expected it changed back to style A. This is very annoying, as when I exit it's not back to a 'before' status and I have to additionally put it back to full screen.

Please like this comment if you're facing same issue. Wish this can be enhanced. Thanks.

Felipe-mld

This is already implemented in the "Today top hits" album. For some reason, it's the only place where the fullscreen mode will have a colorful background, and not the dull gray .

Indivvvid

In the new desktop version, you cannot rewind tracks (progress bar are not clickable), just why? 
In the old version, the full screen mode was a minimalistically located album cover and title and i really enjoyed admiring the album cover! But now 95% of the space is occupied by the artist's profile photo, most of which are of terrible quality. Please make it possible to change the options for full screen mode (the ability to choose between old and new version) or make it possible to enlarge the cover.

2021-05-05_01-21-34.png
Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 180 votes! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

bLasagna

YES! What I can't believe is still not the case is this: [Desktop] Desktop Full Screen feature should have ... - The Spotify Community 

The grey background looks the old like IOS 5 design. Just a blur zoom of the album cover as background would already be such an improvement!