Live Ideas

The Spotify Community

[Desktop] Notify Spotify of incorrect metadata or broken tracks from Desktop App

by on ‎2012-02-13 01:40 PM - last edited on ‎2015-10-06 02:17 PM by National Tour

There should be a link on every track/album to easily notify Spotify of incorrect metadata such as incorrect artist, track name, album art etc.

Updated: 2015-11-18

Hey folks! We're back to confirm that we think this is a good idea. If we any updates about an in-app feature we will let you all know ASAP. 

For now, please note that if you’re unable to play a track, there could be a few possible reasons why:

1. The track isn’t available in your country.
  2. You haven’t synced the track for offline use.
  3. You aren’t online.

You may find reinstalling the app using these steps helps in some cases. If you have continued issues, just send us an email. We'll then report the broken metadata to the right team. Thanks!

by on ‎2012-02-13 02:04 PM

I agree this! Meta-data reporting system will be good.

by Moderator on ‎2012-02-13 02:33 PM

I like this. Are you thinking of a similar system to reporting broken content?

by on ‎2012-02-13 02:40 PM

Yes. Report bad song or metadata option.

by TylerDurden on ‎2012-02-14 02:54 PM

I was just about to post this!  There are SO many errors in the Spotify library.  It it far too complicated to report them as it is.  I should be able to click on a link beside each song and album as suggested and report it quickly and easily.  The Spotify team would have a flood of reports and the library would be far more accurate.

by d3p1 on ‎2012-02-15 01:10 PM

100% behind this suggestion. Spotify should utilise it's vast user-base - not many errors would remain unreported.

by Community Manager on ‎2012-02-15 01:45 PM
Status changed to: Under Consideration
by eliot33 on ‎2012-02-16 08:23 AM

It is my main problem with the otherwize amazing Spotify. The Library has to be accurate, and if this is the way to do it  then so be it. I just want a way to get over the problem of albums being displayed wrongly in the library, often random tracks are orphaned from the rest of the album and given their own album beneath. I'm assuming this is due to innaccuracies in metadata somewhere. At least in iTunes I could work it out and fix it. In Spotify it seems to be not as easy or as effective.

Lets hope this gets better soon!

by Oddasatan on ‎2012-02-16 10:38 AM

Maybe a bit off topic, but I'd like to use this notification tool to report popping/glitching in tracks.

by David ‎2012-02-17 03:28 PM - edited ‎2012-03-07 05:19 PM

In terms of albums being listed under the wrong artist, we are request reports of that here.

The album may be by a different artist that has a similar name, or it may simply by attributed to the wrong artist.

However, in terms other busted metadata (wrong track names, albums with the tracklisting in the wrong order) or broken tracks, the best way to report that would be to send it over to us via our contact form.

by NastyNanna on ‎2012-02-18 04:05 PM

Yes yes yes! 

I've been getting really fed up with Spotify's response to wrong artists and what not. There are MANY threads describing several corrections, and yet nothing has been done the last year. Another thing, why do they have artists that have none of their songs?

PLEASE spotify, fix this!

Beta Test Spotify Desktop
Would you like to beta test Spotify Desktop?

If so, please log in or register.

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count