Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Full-size album artwork

Musicians put in a lot of effort to their album artwork, so it's a shame that on our desktop devices with nice screens we can't see then in higher resolution than a handful of hundred pixels square. See attachement for a proposed screen – click on a piece of album art while in album view (currently this does nothing) and see it expanded to the size of the spotify window.

album-art-mockup.jpg

Updated on 2023-07-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen!

We're happy to announce that full-size album artwork is now available in the desktop app and the web player. To access it, simply click on the album cover on the album page.

MihailY_2-1688646931196.png

If that doesn't work in your app, you'll need to wait for the next update. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here in the Community!

Comments
byrdiiie

Agreed, this always bugged me 

aconlin

I don't think I've ever actively wanted this while using spotify, but as soon as I read this suggestion I loved it! A "stretch goal" would be to include additional artwork, liner notes, etc. that some albums provide.

CarlosE
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-12-18

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-12-22

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

witchofswag

OP i think you're the only person who understands me.

clump

I don't understand why this hasn't been there from the begining in the first place!

dyst0pian

Definitely need the option to display the album art nice and big! 

jehniv

this is an easy **bleep** yea from me

willejansson

Really hope this goes through, i've been sitting here pressing crtl + a bunch of times. But that kinda messes up the whole UI haha.

shela

Great idea!