Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Option to maximize album cover in fullscreen

I suspect this was an oversight in the latest update, but the album cover is now tiny in full-screen mode, making room for the background on the artist's profile instead. There seems to be no way to maximize the album cover, which I'd rather be looking at. I'd like that option back!

unknown.png

Updated on 2021-08-03

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Kazlehoff

Honestly at this point I don't even use Spotify as much anymore. If they don't listen to their customer base in the slightest about something so simple I'm not sure why I don't just start paying for YouTube premium. YouTube premium at least also includes video content.

noahgambles

I'm on board with Kazlehoff's comment. I feel like I'm just wasting money at this point. I see features removed but never anything of substance added.

Go ahead and google "export all spotify playlists" when you are ready to upgrade. You can get a spreadsheet format that is importable to other services, or you could use it to get some good ol MP3s.

Since the Spotify Community feature suggestions are evidently completely useless, I will seek a service or method that actually does the things that users want it to do. I shouldn't need to use iTunes Artwork Finder or Google to simply see the art. Why would you encourage me to use other services?? Shouldn't I be a loyal user to the end?

ramkatt

i upvoted this ’idea’ 

cat stevens have some nice album artwork

62E19F77-2D1E-4010-90A4-DA475B1399A7.jpeg

80FBD587-21C1-44DF-83CE-77FEB39F6CCC.jpeg

Darkxo

Please fix it Spotify, we want our cover art back! 

Darkxo

Commenting again, because even the artist profile background doesn't look good as it's darkened by the album cover in the corner. 
It's like they can't decide between artist or cover so have made both together, unpleasing as a result.

neurergus

I just want to see the album art, the bands and producers I listen to dont look very nice 😞

obviouswarrior

Cover art is part of the experience of listening to music.
Please consider this and bring back full screen covers.

Dmytr0

For a start, they could just remove that damn shrinking animation for a cover. So it would stay the initial size it has right after toggling full screen. Still small, but this is better than what we have. And it should be pretty simple to implement for devs. 
But who am I talking to)

The way this is implemented is kind of silly. You click the full screen button and it shows up for hardly a second and shrinks automatically. Please just large album artwork.

Dáire_McDermott

It's kind of crazy that it's approaching 2 years now and this issue still hasn't been fixed 😕