Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Sleep timer for desktop

I noticed recently I can’t use the sleep timer feature on the desktop version of Spotify.

This is pretty inconvenient seeing as 99% of the time I’m not using my phone for Spotify if i'm planning to listen to music while going to sleep. Obviously i don’t know the ins and outs of adding such a feature but surely something so small can’t be hard to implement?

I’m assuming the feature is in the process of being added as I see no point in giving it to mobile users with no intentions of adding it to the desktop version which seems far more practical in my mind. 

Updated on 2021-06-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-01-24

Marked as new idea.

Please check this related Idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Sleep-Timer/idi-p/86269

Riobe

The related idea says all platforms, but was marked implemented with only mobile. This would absolutely be appreciated on desktop. For instance, I want to play it on my tablet going to sleep.

Bellinger9

Es una gran idea. Ya está implementado en IOS y Android; por favor haganlo en PC, es útil 🙂

thE-iNviNciblE

i miss it on my laptop ... desktop

melichan

I would absolutely appreciate this on my desktop version, please! 

katebugos

Been wanting this for ages, I like to fall asleep to podcasts and they're still playing when I wake up unless my laptop's died which is annoying in and of itself but also because I lose track of what episodes I've already heard.

rcarscadden

This is the only reason I do not switch to Spotify for podcasting.  Its the only feature that stops me from switching over completely, which is pretty annoying.  Sleep has been a feature on podcasting apps for what, 15 years?  20?

seasonleee

Oh, please!!!!!!

SPOTIFY!!!!

COME ON!!!!!

HOW ON EARTH IS THIS FEATURE NOT IMPLEMENTED YET AND IT'S BEING SUGGESTED IN 2012!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

OH MY GOD WHY?????????

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY???????

As a company always saying inclusion on this or that, but have you really considered those users from desktop???? HAVE YOU???? WILL YOU??????? HA??????

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!! 

The feature was proposed 2012!!!!

AND NOW WHAT??????

DO YOU GUYS HAVE CALENDAR????? 

WHY???????

I REALLY LOVE THIS PLATFORM, LET'S NOT MAKE ME GO TO THAT APPLE MUSIC!!!! PLEASEEEEEE!!!!!

jacksongrantt

i've been saying this for a long time and i think when this suggestion first came out i voted for it. it's been over a year and when i make jokes on twitter saying spotify needs to add this feature to desktop i always get reply's of links coming back to this suggesting. it's been over a year now and we're still asking for it but the best response is to give us this link. we love the apps and love to see it improve but this is a year old...

tezza_7

I've wanted to install Spotify on my phone purely to access the sleep timer but I've got space issues so can't. 

I've been a long time Spotify user but only recently upgraded to premium - and now I'm finding I always like to listen before bed (coz there's no adds to wake me up)...but the music still does wake me up and I eventually fumble my way to close the laptop to stop the music. Would much rather be able to do that via sleep timer so that the music doesn't wake me up again in the first place 🙂

Very keen for this feature to be implemented.