Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Update the Spotify app icon for macOS Big Sur

As a lot of new macOS Big Sur users noticed, the general system UI changed, and an important aspect is the various app icons. All the Apple apps icons have been updated to match the new rounded square type icons that seems to be the new trend, and several third-party apps already did it.

The amazing Spotify Community already shared multiple ideas of really stunning logos that look pretty sick :

- u/CyDave

- Anmol Govinda Rao

It would be great if Spotify updated its logo to match the general macOS Big Sur design

sjxf2hx3bhd51.png
b5ff3bdfa9cb13bd32aaa33f15c4943e.png

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-11-17

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Jendk3r

Please use the first logo on the left. Looks so neat!

azat_io

First logo on the left 👍

angehee

I hate this idea. Please don't do the green one, at least. It'll look exactly like so many other app icons I already have, like the iMessage app and the Facetime app. I personally love that Spotify's app icon is circular and not square. It helps me easily identify it and access it.

Ducktales

Not to attack the TS, but I don't like the 'new' icon style in Big Sur. They look like those cheap fake 3D icons from about 10 years ago. Since Jon Ive left the ship they have completely lost their way.

The left icon is best, green on black

Michelp2

I agree, please do update and bring some new styling to Spotify (and I don't just mean the icon)

darkwater4213

This is actually required under Apple's shtick that says what attributes Apple desktop app icons (.icns, I think?) must have. In the case of MacOS 11 Big Sur, that would be:

• Rounded Square shape (or similar. See here)
  • Realistic-looking objects
  • Depth

...None of which the current Spotify Apple icon has. If you don't change it soon, Apple has full rights to block you from their Operating System. Just like they did with Fortnite (not that I'm complaining). So do this. It is required of you under Apple's terms, which (I'm fairly sure) you agreed to when you made an Apple desktop app.

emreerkin

it's almost 2021 and icon update has not yet been out. 

manhattan98

spotify app for mac needs complete update and redesign. banding gradients, ui bugs, and old icon. apple music app developed using native ui components works better, than your crossplatform solution. yes, it's cheaper, but quality is worse than native development.

eglinski

The gradients are inconsistent with Spotify’s branding so that is a no, but updating the icon to reflect macOS’s recommended style guide would be nice. Right now, it is the only icon that is still a big circle among the rest of my updated apps in my dock / menu bar.