Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Update the Spotify app icon for macOS Big Sur

As a lot of new macOS Big Sur users noticed, the general system UI changed, and an important aspect is the various app icons. All the Apple apps icons have been updated to match the new rounded square type icons that seems to be the new trend, and several third-party apps already did it.

The amazing Spotify Community already shared multiple ideas of really stunning logos that look pretty sick :

- u/CyDave

- Anmol Govinda Rao

It would be great if Spotify updated its logo to match the general macOS Big Sur design

sjxf2hx3bhd51.png
b5ff3bdfa9cb13bd32aaa33f15c4943e.png

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
richbs

These are beautiful suggestions. However, the rounded square icons on macOS Big Sur strip applications of their individuality. Funky icon shapes have been a feature of Mac OS X since the early days and I'd be sad to see them all disappear. Spotify being round and green is just what my brain expects to see and look for.

eglinski

The thing is, while the graphical mockups are suggestions, the rounded square icon is mandated by Apple’s recommendations with Big Sur. Spotify will eventually have to match the spec.

plasmaxle

This would be awesome. Recently Discord updated to a new icon and next up on my taskbar is Spotify. Top left looks great.

FuriousOwl1

First one on the left looks amazing! 😀

PATSRMS

Will we get the logo officially before 2025?

eljaponmemola

Verde por blanco y **bleep**. ¡Nuevo rediseño del logotipo antes del fin de la pandemia! 🤗

Gurraa

Add Swipe 2 Queue for Android

mikkeI

We just need 2 more votes, and it will be taken to consideration

"the Community team talks with various other Spotify teams several times a month about ideas with over 500 votes (our criteria for being a top idea)"

bhushanlalchand

sir Set the feature to adjust the sound and watch the video as per your choice. Please I requested you earlier too, add now, link check https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-r7IyXUbRMjzC72GYNHDfsQ4ajoU_VT4/view?usp=drivesdk.

eg1-at

It's crazy how long that takes…

I mean they literally just would have to copy the iOS icon…