Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Update the Spotify app icon for macOS Big Sur

As a lot of new macOS Big Sur users noticed, the general system UI changed, and an important aspect is the various app icons. All the Apple apps icons have been updated to match the new rounded square type icons that seems to be the new trend, and several third-party apps already did it.

The amazing Spotify Community already shared multiple ideas of really stunning logos that look pretty sick :

- u/CyDave

- Anmol Govinda Rao

It would be great if Spotify updated its logo to match the general macOS Big Sur design

sjxf2hx3bhd51.png
b5ff3bdfa9cb13bd32aaa33f15c4943e.png

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
CS252

Any plans to update the icon, yet? 🙂 It's going on three years now. 

CS252

How many votes do we need to make this happen?

danrodney

The iOS app icon was already the rounded rectangle style, so you'd think it would be quick and easy to update the Mac icon, yet years later we're still waiting. Weird and sad.

ShienYang

Can't design a mac icon in three years, or don't care about users' suggestions? I think it's the latter

Co-ords

Come on guys. Showing some love for your users in this regard would be greatly appreciated. 

BabyEcho0_YT_SP

@Lyro1

hey im a photo editor and i would love to make one 

eg1-at

I would love to hear whats going on at Spotify, this must have become somewhat of a joke! Clearly there are Spotify employees using Mac, knowing its the ONLY icon that hasnt adopted in 3+ years. Some huge branding redesign coming up?

goncxs

Please consider this idea, the idea behind the MacOS update was to make the design of the Apple operative systems consistent with each other, so, for that, it would make all the sense for Spotify to adopt the same logo as the iPhone&iPad apps.

astropetess

Well, I lost hope and changed it myself using a custom icon. Can't stand the round icon among other square ones anymore. But it would still be for the best if Spotify itself updates it.

David_Paul125

Still no updates on this? Kind of embarrassing honestly. Just makes Spotify look petty for not updating their icon