Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] "Don't play this artist" on desktop

I would like the option to permanently dislike a featured artist like on mobile that I can choose for "Don't play this artist"

e.g for several weeks now various artists and gamechops have appeared in my release calendar. I have absolutely no interest in this band

But I dont have the option to remove the featured artist, which just means the following week a new artist pop ups with gamechops as featured and I have no way to prevent this.

I have event tried blocking gamechops on android but makes no difference

Din0cheap_1-1598952520343.png

Updated on 2023-04-18

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and showing your support for this idea!

We're setting the status to Not Right Now, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. When we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-03-03

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension! 

Digamma

Seriously?
@Luan are you for real? The feature already exists on mobile, why on earth can't you add it to desktop? This idea has been posted more than once, and cumulatively all ideas together would reach the number of votes.

This system that is being run on the spotify community actually sucks really bad. 

DoomNation

I see that this was brought up and closed but it is WAY too important to ignore. I think it is vital to be able to be able to block the same artists on your desktop and browser as you are able to do on your mobile device.  At the very very least if you have a premium subscription and you have already blocked them on your phone or tablet please allow that block to implement during desktop sessions as well. I end up not playing certain radio or other algorithmic playlists because sometimes I'll forget to run over to the computer to skip the song that I don't want on there or it will keep showing up along with other related artists I don't want. Please, it's just basic common sense. thanks for your consideration.

electromullet

In the Android app, from an artist's page, you can select "Don't play this" to have the app skip tracks by that artist when they show up in your playlist.  It would be nice if this option were available in the desktop application as well.

thomasmeston

This issue infuriates me. Every week I click "remove" and "I don't like (artist)" and the confirmation modal tells me it won't show up in my Release Radar again. But every week the artists keeps showing up again. I understand this is likely due to the fact that said artist ( in this case Parry Grip that my kids force me to play non stop) gets played in between each Release Radar playlist creation, however, the messaging of the feature is flat out inaccurate and misleading. The feature should "block list" that artist until I chose to remove it from the block list.

FlashAbercrombi

Also infuriating is how Spotify arbitrarily closes a request like this. Utter nonsense.

I should be able to block ANY artist, ANY song, ANY album, from ANY device, at ANY time. Duh.

It's like asking if you would like the "steering" feature on your car. Basic functionality that should just be there, should have been included in V 1.0.0.0.

And when I mean block, I mean "gone forever".

They tell me this issue is "closed" then thank me for comprehension

I don't "comprehend". It's literally incomprehensible.

DoomNation

The most we can do for now is go into the queue and select "remove from queue" for each song. The only thing is that you have to do it every time.  And the algorithms seem to be clueless and pop them right back in.  Definite negative effect on the quality of the listening experience.

b_hxzcg-6oev

I find the "hide-song"/"hide-artist" options in the iOS mobile app very useful to influence my recommendations/playlists. However, these functions are not implemented in the Desktop app (I use the MacOS version). This is extremely annoying since I get recommendations I do not want to listen to. Furthermore, as a consequence my On Repeat) playlist in my desktop app is often different to the same playlist on my iPhone. This is highly inconsistent and makes no sense in my opinion. I would therefore very much appreciate if the mentioned features which are already part of the mobile app would be added to the desktop version. 

DoomNation

This really shouldn't be considered an "idea" as much as it is a fix. … or a completion of something that was already started.

You know what's painfully ironic about this. If a track gets on Release Radar or Discover Weekly, only a few skips it takes to make you walk the plank. When an artist you don't like shows up in your radio or mixes you can skip them every day for weeks or even months  but they don't go away. Blocking permanently solves the problem and gives the listener better control over their listening experience.

Philalex

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I know there is a way to 'block' an artist on mobile, but is there a way on PC? This is because there are a number of artists using fake features, and my release radar is full of songs by artists nobody knows adding famous artists to their features.

There isn't even a way to report this behavior. You can only report bio text, profile pics etc. It's getting very annoying.