[Desktop][Playlists] Add options to "Liked Songs" playlist to "Make Public" and "Share"

After a couple of months with the new UX, I have finally rearranged my Spotify playlists and I now have my "Liked Songs" setup with the songs I want - this took many many hours, including a couple of "all night" sessions.

As an early user of Spotify I had relied on the "Starred" playlist to quickly capture my favorite songs and a few of my friends follow my "Starred" playlist. So now my "Liked Songs" playlist has replaced my "Starred" playlist but lo and behold I can't make make my "Liked Songs" playlist "Public" or "Share" it.  My friends are now stuck listening to my "Starred" playlist which was frozen in time about 2 months ago. The main reason we follow other Spotifier's playlists is to listen to their new songs.

Please don't tell me to create a new playlist from my "Liked Songs" playlist and make this "Public" as my "Liked Songs" playlist changes every day as I'm not up to manually keeping 2 playlists in sync.

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

chk
Casual Listener

Since i had the same idea that i even posted by mistake (didnt find this one), i want to add my comment on this one now. I have simmilar reasons for this idea. Why not make the "liked Songs" Playlist shareable to my friends?

It is simple.

A friend just likes your tastes in music and wants to hear exactly the music you like.

A Simple way to do that is to just share the "liked songs" playlist with him or her.

That way your friend can hear what songs you like everytime you add new songs or delete some of them.

There wouldn't be the need to manually copy the playlist. Which is only easy when you can use the desktop spotify software.

shoutout to @ and @:

Since you already gave my idea a like (thanks for that by the way), please consider giving this one a like, too! Since its actually really the same.