Announcements

[Desktop][Playlists] Bring back listener count in 'Discovered On' section

Spotify has recently chosen to hide the Numbers of playlist listeners in the "Discovered On" section.

This is absolute nonsense:
First problem: it was a cool way for emerging artists to find new playlists to be placed in (I have personally reached 17.000 monthly listeners using this method), and we all know that emerging artists that rely on Spotify streams, will bring new public to Spotify, pushing new people to use it.

Second problem: playlist curators that actually have active followers, won't be able to show it anymore, this way, playlist curators with nonactive followers will be privileged. This will bring artists not to rely on Playlist curators anymore, making it even harder for new emerging artists to grow in the platform.

This can only create an even bigger gap between small and big artists. Instead of helping people who really spend tons of hours on Spotify to grow, the platform seems to reduce what can be considered a useful tool for this purpose.

Let's keep it.

Screenshot 2020-01-29 08.39.40.png

Screenshot 2020-01-29 08.39.28.png

Updated on 2020-02-01

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also edited slightly the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Visitor

I am also disappointed that Spotify has removed this feature. This is harmful to artists.

Music Fan

I agree. It just creates an even bigger gap between small artists and big ones

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-02-01

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also edited slightly the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Visitor

Please bring it back 

Visitor

a ridiculous decision. Bring it back

Casual Listener

Let's please get this back, it removes the transparency 

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

As a curator I’m absolutely agree with this idea, I’m hoping to be implemented ASAP.

Roadie

It's pointless, Spotify is not going to implement this.  Just like their other selfish decisions, this one is them not wanting to reveal that some of their playlists have less listeners than user curated ones

Music Fan

I totally agree. It was a very useful and simply interesting tool. I always wished they would add more than just the first 5 playlist on the tab and... they're going the other way around. I'm really sad, I used to spend so much time on spotify and this will definitely make my experience less interesting.