Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Enhance Playlist on Desktop

Please introduce the Enhance Playlist on Desktop, I see only the original not-enhanced playlist on Desktop.

Updated on 2022-10-07

Hey folks!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Enhance Playlist on Desktop feature is now available!

Thank you for helping us make Spotify better!
Cheers!

Top Answer
themonarc
Music Fan

What do you know! As of today I’m seeing support for this on the desktop macOS app. Version is 1.1.95.893.g6cf4d40c (Apple Silicon).

E20D838D-A6A2-4E56-9D17-28A5781ADFAC.jpeg

Comments
Nitocris2181

Completely baffling why this feature would be mobile only to begin with.

Rothb

Are you serious? Why is this only available on the mobile apps and not on the desktop app? Make it available, the code is already there! Just allow us access to it.

CrispyPotato275

Programmer here:

Spotify already has implemented this feature in their mobile app. It is not too much more effort to add it to desktop. It's just a matter of does Spotify care, and that's a no.

The overwhelming majority of Spotify users primarily use the desktop/mobile app. That's why posts like this aren't getting enough votes. If you host an actual vote within the apps, over 75% of people will vote to add it to desktop. If you actually go through with that and it does get over 75% of the votes, I think it's fair to add it. Personally, I think it'll get over 85%. I'm just saying 75% because I don't know and don't care about the stats on how many people are using Spotify on mobile compared to desktop.

With all my ranting out the way, you really should add it to desktop. There's no reason not to. Countless people enjoy it, why single out people on desktop? You're just going to get more people to switch to other services. 

An0nResearcher

I would like to add it but this has been closed so I can't add my vote, do I create a new one?

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

ayangello

Love the enhance feature! Would be super convenient on desktop.

Temporary work around: Start Spotify on desktop and phone; on phone, enable enhancement for the playlist (if not done so already); cast from phone to desktop instance; hit play and voalá!

A little round-a-bout, but it works until we can get some more traction on this issue. Not really groundbreaking, but I didn't see anyone mention it, so I thought I would. 

Cheers!

SanRok

I honestly thought the enhance feature would have been added to the desktop simultaneously, if not at a later date. I enjoy Spotify and have for years. It's the place where I listen to the majority of video game music I adore. Having this feature would certainly 'enhance' my experience on Spotify all the more. 

BassGNT

Not sure why an existing feature can't just be implemented on the desktop client, +1 for this.

Persefani

I am so bummed this still can't be done on desktop. I work all day, listening to Spotify, and wish I could get the same features my phone gets. But I am not going to sit on my phone to have it. Please make it on Desktop.

wyverb

Ok so if you enhance a playlist on mobile those songs will play on the desktop but you just won't be able to see them in the playlist, remove them, disable enhancing (or enable it on any playlist)... what?

Screenshot 2022-08-04 003700.png

This screenshot is from desktop, maybe they are working on implementing it and it's half ready? If not, this is pretty dumb