[Desktop][Podcasts] Disable podcast videos

When you try to play a podcast that also has video on desktop, there is no option to disable it and only play audio.  This is unnecessary for me, because I do other things while listening to podcasts.  It also introduces unnecessary strain on my internet connection to stream video that I won't watch, as well as strain on my hardware trying to decode the video.  Much like the "disable canvas" option on mobile, I feel like it would be beneficial to have a "disable videos" on desktop.

Updated on 2020-06-24

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

There's also a similar idea about disabling videos in playlists with mixed content that you can also support here.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Visitor

Please add this this to mobile (Android) aswell. This videos are killing my phone plan by sucking too much internet. I love to listen to podcasts but I don't need the video on cellular data!

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-06-24

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

There's also a similar idea about disabling videos in playlists with mixed content that you can also support here.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.