Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Filtered by unplayed episodes

I noticed with the latest update that the 'Filtered by' unplayed episodes has been removed. If a podcast has over 100episodes it can be a bit annoying to scroll all the way down to the ep I'm up to. I can sort it from old to new, but I want to hide/archive the eps I've listened to please. Not everyone is up to the latest episode and if you sub to an old podcast with lots of eps, you really need this feature.

Just hitting play from the overview screen will play the latest/oldest (whatever the first file in the list is). If old eps where archived it could play the one I'm up to (as long as it remembers to sort old to new). 

Screenshot 2021-03-29 201908.jpg

Updated on 2022-09-08

Hey folks!

We're happy to announce that "Filter by unplayed episodes" is now available! 🙂
Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and for voting to make this happen.
Cheers!

Comments
mquraish

Absolutely unacceptable in the newest version of the PC desktop app to have removed this functionality.  This is basic podcast functionality, not a "feature".  Please bring it back asap.

amb0817

It's interesting that y'all are having this issue. I've the ability to filter by Unplayed but am finding that Spotify doesn't accurately track progress. There's a suggestion regarding that issue here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Podcast-Progress-Incorrect-on-Desktop/idc-p/5195304#... may be that will get us in the right direction?

viper83porto

I completely agree, this function should never have been removed

Roseyyyyyy

I am unsure why but it won't let me vote, but I need this function back. This is ridiculous. I am seriously about to find a new podcast player, because this is awful. What are they thinking? 

tmspike

I am a software developer and cannot think of a single situation where removing this functionality would be a positive thing. This needs to be brought back ASAP, I don't care how many votes it gets.

Aruto

Came here right after I got the update. I don't understand why this would be removed. Now I have to scroll through literally hundreds of played episodes of some podcasts for 5 minutes and hope it doesn't glitch as I go. Please bring it back, it's a functionality that should be standard in any podcast app and I can't think of any valid reason for removing it unless you deliberately want to get rid of your customers.

TheOtherSteve

Bring it back please. I used it all the time.

Weyrdkat

Is there a reason Spotify removed the filter by played/unplayed in the podcast menus? I don't want it to autoreplay the ones I've listened to every time!  I also would like to just see what's left - not all the podcasts already listened to.  There used to be this feature - so why did the update take it away?!

madsr38

Its so frustating, that someone at Spotify actually looked at this feature already being there, and thought, that it would be BETTER if it was removed! Honestly what can the argument behind this have been!

It makes absolute zero sense, to actively try to make your own service worse!

bwilk121

Why is this a new idea when it was already available before and has been removed? This is very annoying and going to make me cancel my account soon.