Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Mark as Played

The feature to Mark as Played that's available in Mobile should absolutely be available in the desktop app also. Why is there a feature disparity between platforms? 

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Jose_M
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-08-29

Marked as a new idea. Thanks for bringing your ideas to the Community 😉

deckberg

yes, please please give us this feature on the windows desktop app.

leigha

agreed! 

IaRRoVaWo

And "mark all as played" too, please!

calmnivore

agreed

chrift

I am wanting to switch to spotify for my podcasts but not being able to do this is putting me off.

user567234

Also would love to see "mark all as played" to resolve all items for a given podcast. 

HotGuac

This shouldn't need to get the required votes to implement. It's a feature as basic as a play button. 

kylelistens

It's seriously so frustrating having to figure out the different ways each feature works in mobile vs. PC apps. The function is already there, why can't the PC app be updated to include it as well?

flypaperninja

Additionally, episodes that show up as "played" on mobile no longer show a full blue progress bar on desktop. This is extremely frustrating when trying to figure out where I left off.

MobileMobile

DesktopDesktop