Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Sort by Unplayed/Recently Updated

Currently, the only way to listen to unplayed podcasts on desktop is to open a phone and check the feed there, or check every podcast individually for new content. That's 100% unacceptable, and has been for years.

Give us a podcast view that we can sort / filter by unplayed episodes or recent uploads. If you want to be the industry leader in streaming, you can't ignore table-stakes functionality because of "100 kudos" horsesh*t.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Talestae

Imagine the subscription section in YouTube only showing the channels you subscribed ordered by subscription date instead of showing you the latest videos of your subscribed channels. 😂
Sounds ridiculous, but that's how it's currently working.

I mean, why the heck is there a feature to follow podcasts if it doesn't make it easier to hear and follow these podcasts?!

I could be done with a custom app, we just have to read the podcasts followed by the user, collect the last X episodes of everything and then sort it by release date and put it in a playlist. But come on, that would be a lot of API calls to workaround a basic feature which should simply have been implemented the right way from the start.

jnebo

The only thing which remains right in line with this request, is the request with equal votes begging Spotify to give us the ability to turn off videos in podcasts. I don't want my podcasts to be YouTube-ized, or waste bandwidth showing video while I'm not looking at the screen.

Annnd went from this version: 1.1.53.605 to this version: 1.1.53.608, still no podcast sorting.

chriswicky

Come on Spotify, this topic has been here for years, what's wrong with you, really.

ZephyrSP

Over 670 votes WHERE is the update on when this basic feature is coming? 

vanmosk7

What is the status of this feature?

Dalibor

In case you're mad that this idea was still not implemented, wait until you'll see January 2021 Ideas Review. There are Ideas implemented that are much younger, with significantly less votes than this Idea has.

clarkconnor

WE NEED THIS SPOTIFY. This platform does not work for desktop users.

cbathurst

just let whoever designed/built it for the mobile app port it to desktop. they nailed it. 

ssmon

as of this message this idea has 733 likes, how many likes does it require for an idea to be implemented or taken seriously? please implement this, lacking this is a bug. Specially when the app gets really slow with older-ish phones. I use a Samsung Galaxy 8 phone, and loading the podcast episodes takes a while, its a pain adding episodes to a playlist, so if we could do this on desktop it will make using a paid service more enjoyable. 

elPollo21

Hello! I completely agree!! Recently there was an update on the Desktop app and there is no option to filter the episodes by unplayed/played that's very annoying because I just want to enter and fast find the latest episode without having to scroll al the way down or playing when is on top and when the episode is finished plays an episode that you already heard, that's so annoying.