Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Sort by Unplayed/Recently Updated

Currently, the only way to listen to unplayed podcasts on desktop is to open a phone and check the feed there, or check every podcast individually for new content. That's 100% unacceptable, and has been for years.

Give us a podcast view that we can sort / filter by unplayed episodes or recent uploads. If you want to be the industry leader in streaming, you can't ignore table-stakes functionality because of "100 kudos" horsesh*t.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
danboysk

WOW! What's the magic# we need to reach? I can't believe there are so few desktop app users!  Or that the feature is such a big deal to implement already!?!

q3tommy

i always check my phone for new episodes to start them afterwards on my desktop (mac), ... pelase just deliver that feature fast

FlorisS94

Reminder that Spotify is not listening to their users.

jehniv

DO THIS NOW PLEASE GOD

Hawk89gt

This is unacceptable such a simple feature is still not available.  Will be changing platforms and ending my long-standing premium membership.

jnebo

Hawk89gt I switched to Google Podcasts for podcasts, but kept Spotify for music. What platform are you moving to?

1corn

It's 2022 now and this hilariously basic feature is still missing from the Mac desktop app. How's that possible?

astrpt

Any update on this?? How has this taken Spotify this long to address? The company has earned billions in revenue since people have raised the issue of this *very basic* functionality missing from the desktop platform. Feels like their near-monopoly of the market has made them complacent. 

icwo

I guess you don't want to communicate "We want you to use your phones for podcasts" but at this point it's super obvious (you remove features from desktop that are available on the phone) and it would be honest at least. 

And I mean we are talking about literally the #1 functionality of a podcast app.

alxciii

Please implement this! It's so frustrating not being able to see new episodes in the desktop app.