Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Sort by Unplayed/Recently Updated

Currently, the only way to listen to unplayed podcasts on desktop is to open a phone and check the feed there, or check every podcast individually for new content. That's 100% unacceptable, and has been for years.

Give us a podcast view that we can sort / filter by unplayed episodes or recent uploads. If you want to be the industry leader in streaming, you can't ignore table-stakes functionality because of "100 kudos" horsesh*t.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Philippe_Bel

Absolutely maddening that this hasn't been fixed. What even is the point of following a podcast if I'm not notified when a new episode comes out?

314rate

lol, still not implemented? I left spotify for apple music and podcast a while ago but still get notified when another one gets frustrated about a „feature“ which should be there from the start. 

Just leave it. It will never happen.

Mitsjol

Still waiting on this.

rbrtsmith

It's ridiculous the New Episodes feature doesn't exist in the desktop app

Either bring it in or allow us to sort podcasts view by recently updated.

Thanks!

wojandrz

Currently you can only filter by unplayed and the feature doesn't work very well, it shows episodes I've already listened to.

Also, I would like to filter by date- right now the only way to pick up on the podcast from the oldest unlistened episode is to sort from oldest to newest and scroll all the way down to the last unlistened date. Sometimes it means scrolling through hundreds of episodes from 7 years ago... We should be able to filter by date (for example filter only last 3 months of episodes).

Or at least there should be an option to automatically play newer episodes even if the list is sorted newest-oldest.

FlorisS94

Isn't it time for an update on this?

mohiker

I just switched to Spotify for Podcasts because the podcasts I listen to have their content solely on Spotify. I'm not overly impressed with either the Android app or desktop versions. The issue with not letting me save the "Unplayed" as default is really a turn-off. Having to Sort that each time I open the app almost makes me not listen to podcasts any longer. I may just stream music from Pandora and be done. Fix this. It's been over a year since the original poster brought this up!

jehniv

Jesus Christ, THIS BENEFITS SPOTIFY TO FIX. ADD THIS. 

No wonder your stock is down like 70%, your team doesn't fix anything that actually needs fixing. Do they just not fund the tech side like they should? They should be making progress on this within a few months and it's been years now. 

laggytoast

Can we get an update on this request, it just makes sense to add it to the web app and desktop versions

StudioGeek

I'm one of the original creators of this idea back in 2019, merged into this one to get the needed attention and for those asking for an update you should know this has had the needed level of "votes" since 2019 and it's still pending. Don't ask me why - it's maddening.