Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Sort by Unplayed/Recently Updated

Currently, the only way to listen to unplayed podcasts on desktop is to open a phone and check the feed there, or check every podcast individually for new content. That's 100% unacceptable, and has been for years.

Give us a podcast view that we can sort / filter by unplayed episodes or recent uploads. If you want to be the industry leader in streaming, you can't ignore table-stakes functionality because of "100 kudos" horsesh*t.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
bennjjee

I really support this idea. The IOS app works well in this regard but I struggle with the Windows desktop app because it lacks this basic feature. I use my PC all day long and it would be great to be able to simply switch between the latest released podcasts in my feed.

staticv

Well, now you have broken it in the mobile app as well.

How simple can it be?

View most recent podcast episodes. Whatever product manager thinks that they have invented some smarter way to do this isn't very smart. Just view podcast episodes by release date. That's it, that simple.

moisestavares

I'm just using Apple Podcasts on my Mac. It's ridiculous that this simple function isn't available on Spotify Desktop app

supermanmikail

Hi Spotify,

I agree with the consensus. Being an industry leader in music and podcasts means that you have to raise the bar. Presumably, many people who use Spotify to listen to podcasts have more than a couple of shows, so it would be a nice user experience to be able to sort podcasts and view them in various ways; even having options for continuous play on a single podcast or just all the new ones.

Some of my podcasts get renewed daily, while others are every couple of days or weekly, so it would be nice to see everything new and listen accordingly.

Thanks for hearing me out.

-Michael

Maarthy

Well, the "NEW EPISODES" list is gone again. How the **bleep** does this work? Do I have to actively use the desktop app for the algorithm to generate the list or what? The desktop app remains unusable for podcasts.
I'm using Spotify at work because I can't have my vast music collection on the work computer. I still hate using it because of the UI. I just want to see the discography, and that's it. The rest of the **bleep** can be below. I need to get to my albums fast.

If my wife wasn't listening to audiobooks, I think I would have left Spotify a long time ago.

jnebo

Maarthy, I get the same thing if I click too fast into the "Your Library" area after initially launching the app. From what I've seen it has to populate its front page with all the latest garbage first. So I give it about 10 seconds typically before I flip over. to "Your Library", and then the "New Episodes" will show up properly. 

If the network is flaky, it's worse, and it will never re-establish the "New Episodes". I have to force close the app and re-open it to get it to try again. This is on Android.

RVWIV

Considering how far back I see posts about getting the 'sort by unplayed' added back, it's kinda pathetic that this still hasn't been implemented.

keorkeropii

Definitely! this is an important feature, every time I open spotify its a bit tedious for me to go and find the podcast again and find the specific episode and resume from there.. If only it can be as intuitive as the Song counterpart..

edevlin199

Please add this feature

Dano2k

Why is this still not an option? It's basic functionality.