Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Sort by Unplayed/Recently Updated

Currently, the only way to listen to unplayed podcasts on desktop is to open a phone and check the feed there, or check every podcast individually for new content. That's 100% unacceptable, and has been for years.

Give us a podcast view that we can sort / filter by unplayed episodes or recent uploads. If you want to be the industry leader in streaming, you can't ignore table-stakes functionality because of "100 kudos" horsesh*t.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Maarthy

@314rate Which app are you using? 

314rate

I use two/three apps now. Apple Music for music and pocket cast as well as apple podcasts for the podcasts.

alxciii

Odd how we have Your Episodes playlist on desktop, but not the New Episodes playlist. It seems such a simple addition to the desktop app. C'mon Spotify!

jnebo

No. It's not going to happen; they're too busy chasing integrating NFTs into their system and renaming stadiums after themselves. It just makes good business sense.

Look people - developers aren't reading these forums, sorry. Every year or two they close down the requests for "lack of support from the community" and just move on. It's time we honored their tact and did the same.

dze27

It's mind-blowing to me how a multi-billion dollar company like Spotify doesn't understand how people in real life consume podcasts. Just to spell it out, they subscribe to one or more podcasts they like, and then for each episode they either listen to it once or make the decision to not listen to it. That's why this functionality is needed on desktop, same as mobile, because it directly aligns with how normal people listen to podcasts. Please add it to the desktop app!

janbilek

So, it is already 3 year old idea that was accepted by Spotify and it still not implemented? 

Did I get it right?

I mean, we are talking about sorting podcast episodes by date added, it is not rocket science. 

I am going to look around for an alternative to Spotify. I am reluctant to pay someone who does not care.

marekzan

So let me get this straight:

- This so-called "new idea" is now 3 years old

- It is available in both Android and iOS apps

- Hence either the code exists in the apps locally to sort and filter them or an endpoint in the backend to get the already filtered and sorted list for each user

-  The desktop app still lacks this feature, and we have to use the mobile app to properly use the desktop app?

How is it possible that a multibillion company has such a bad UX and difference in functionality regarding their mobile and desktop apps?

They should be exactly the same in usability!

But for some reason for desktop this is a brand-new idea...

RMCampos

How can I vote to this idea?

Avihu

@RMCampos

Click on 'Vote' button :

Screenshot 2022-04-19 183918.png

merkuriusz

I have no idea how it works in Spotify. Do they have corporate monkeys up there, or are they outsourcing their work to less skilled workers in the neglected parts of the world. 

I don't know, because my anger and fury with this platform is skyrocketing.

HOW ON EARTH - I can't fathom my feelings enough - HOW ON EARTH there can be one option in mobile version, and not in desktop. I simply cannot understand it. It's beyond my cognitive abilities. I can't. I don't. 

Just a simple function that would make using the Spotify much easier. Nope. 

I can't live in this idiotic world, where a **bleep** music-player app won't let me know which podcasts are new. Despite having all the possibilities for it.

And of course I will get a reply from a tired person with automatically generated answer. **bleep** it. **bleep** Spotify, **bleep** your policy.