Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Popout player

I have seen this idea posted several times over the years and they are all marked closed. I personally find it really frustrating that people have clearly been asking for this and over and over been denied, especially because it seems like a rather simple feature. Anyway, on the web player on Chromebook, there is an excellent popout player that remains on top of other tabs and windows you open, has the album/song art and has simple controls like pause, play, skip, and rewind that show when you hover over it. You can also move it around your screen so you position it where is easiest for you. It's crazy to me that this feature hasn't been implemented already for the desktop application, or if it has then the fact that it's been removed. It's super annoying to have to stop what I'm in the middle of to open the Spotify window just to see what is playing, or to skip or save a song. Something with just the basics of these features would make a huge difference and make usability so much easier.

Updated on 2024-03-21

Hi everyone,

We're happy to let you all know that this feature has now been Implemented 😎 You can find all the details on the topic in this announcement post. You're welcome to post your thoughts and feedback there as well.

Cheers!

Comments
joe_0h

For my Mac, I found this free App from the App Store. It's a MiniPlayer that works with Spotify

MiniPlay for Spotify & iTunes

alezoffoli

Well I'd love to have this on MAC OSX as well. Unless it's a technical problem to implement this for Mac users, I don't see why keep it for Windows 10 users only. Hope you're still considering this! Thanks 🙂

joevo2

Why isn't this on mac? 😑  anyhow here's an alternative https://spotify-notifications.citruspi.io/

mariquitareese

THANK YOU.

hydropulse17

I combined the techniques from royboi20 and brandonedge1994 using a convenient batch file for desktop launching. You can download it if you'd like. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B192atvt464mTzNQdjFXZGwzSk0?usp=sharing

MattPatenaude

You can't use Spotify at work because they blocked it or because the mini-player doesn't work?

To play\pause, change songs, volume, etc. I just use AutoHotKey to control Spotify without bringing up the window.

sofi_gt

I want this pop up feature for my iPhone!! Like when messages come up! Does anyone know if this is possible. Sometimes I'm in another app and would

like to know the song info without having to go to the Spotify app.

seawalking

why wont this work on windows 7 also

Warptrust

After you adjust the sound on you're desktop/laptop the mini player should appear on your screen

kittybateman

Brilliant - THANK YOU!!