Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Popout player

I have seen this idea posted several times over the years and they are all marked closed. I personally find it really frustrating that people have clearly been asking for this and over and over been denied, especially because it seems like a rather simple feature. Anyway, on the web player on Chromebook, there is an excellent popout player that remains on top of other tabs and windows you open, has the album/song art and has simple controls like pause, play, skip, and rewind that show when you hover over it. You can also move it around your screen so you position it where is easiest for you. It's crazy to me that this feature hasn't been implemented already for the desktop application, or if it has then the fact that it's been removed. It's super annoying to have to stop what I'm in the middle of to open the Spotify window just to see what is playing, or to skip or save a song. Something with just the basics of these features would make a huge difference and make usability so much easier.

Updated on 2024-03-21

Hi everyone,

We're happy to let you all know that this feature has now been Implemented 😎 You can find all the details on the topic in this announcement post. You're welcome to post your thoughts and feedback there as well.

Cheers!

Comments
Luca98M

Ya, but that doesn't look as fancy as the spotify player itself would look like..

GarrettScott

Thank you so much!!! I am alway so guilty of not knowing the artists I listen too but the MiniPlay can be set to stay on front of your web browsing so now I can learn/memorize my favorite new songs! 

Thanks for sharing!!!

Mattiefatsacks

NIce! Also, in conjunction with "Always On Top," it is simple to reduce this window down to contols only and make the small window "float" somewhere out of the way, if you find that useful.

Site:

https://www.labnol.org/software/tutorials/keep-window-always-on-top/5213/

Download utility:

https://app.box.com/s/4ej5cqoekj

Cheers!

rhodan73

Why isn't it possible to vote for this suggestion (anymore)?

Hundra

Är detta på gång? Vore toppen 😃

BartSamson

Thank you!!!

creage

I hope the need of opening an app to see currently playing song (and see all of adverts if you are not on premium) is not the reason why this feature is not yet implemented. If it is - please consider enabling it for premium users, as the user experience just suffers - I have to do too many clicks to get such important information. Shame on you.

Xantrolas
newx89

You broke toastify! I need something like this while I play video games, so I can see what songs are playing without having to tab out. It's mind blowing to think they don't already have a feature like this on PC. Also just like toastify, I'd like to be able to bind a button that will popup the 'Now playing' overlay window on demand.

Nickdoonan

Why isn't this a feature already? Winamp had it :S