Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Popout player

I have seen this idea posted several times over the years and they are all marked closed. I personally find it really frustrating that people have clearly been asking for this and over and over been denied, especially because it seems like a rather simple feature. Anyway, on the web player on Chromebook, there is an excellent popout player that remains on top of other tabs and windows you open, has the album/song art and has simple controls like pause, play, skip, and rewind that show when you hover over it. You can also move it around your screen so you position it where is easiest for you. It's crazy to me that this feature hasn't been implemented already for the desktop application, or if it has then the fact that it's been removed. It's super annoying to have to stop what I'm in the middle of to open the Spotify window just to see what is playing, or to skip or save a song. Something with just the basics of these features would make a huge difference and make usability so much easier.

Updated on 2020-10-20

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
aeonden
You might wanna look at rhiimoot @ www.locusmare.com
aeonden

ezv_tfh1-yu64

you could also use the Xbox game bar on windows and open the Spotify widget. Windows key + G or search "Xbox game bar" on start. hope this helps. 

auxana001

How many Votes is Spotify looking for before developing this feature?

Melody
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2020-10-20

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

McAddress

Or you can now install the latest version of Firefox and open Spotify there. Done!
You will then be able to control volume and Play/Pause with your keyboard buttons!!!

Check full info here

You can obviously create a shortcut to the spotify page on your desktop or wherever for quick access too.

Enjoy!

hgranero
Great idea, but no, every app has a mini setting view. Well every app but Spotify. I want to see the band playing, time remaining, etc. if I am paying a monthly fee. No exceptions.

chtamina

Thanks for the rhiimoot
lovely app

Blank2030

That's great news, But when can we expect anything to actually happen?

aeonden
Thanks, I'm glad you love it.