Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Popout player

I have seen this idea posted several times over the years and they are all marked closed. I personally find it really frustrating that people have clearly been asking for this and over and over been denied, especially because it seems like a rather simple feature. Anyway, on the web player on Chromebook, there is an excellent popout player that remains on top of other tabs and windows you open, has the album/song art and has simple controls like pause, play, skip, and rewind that show when you hover over it. You can also move it around your screen so you position it where is easiest for you. It's crazy to me that this feature hasn't been implemented already for the desktop application, or if it has then the fact that it's been removed. It's super annoying to have to stop what I'm in the middle of to open the Spotify window just to see what is playing, or to skip or save a song. Something with just the basics of these features would make a huge difference and make usability so much easier.

Updated on 2020-10-20

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
voobs

I think it would be slick to make a popup in the lower right corner of your screen when the next song starts playing, show it for X seconds, and then hide.  When I listen to a friend's playlist, sometimes I don't know the track name/artist, so if a little thing poped up (just like a new IM on Digsby/MSN/Steam) of the current Artist+Track Name would be very handy.

This option could be turned off by default (most people would probably think it is redundant), but a simple checkbox inside of your Preferences to Enable/Disable to control this feature would be it.

Thanks for the consideration!

licenced

Good idea, similar to the popup that Winamp show would be cool

V3gg3n
Tip: Toastify does just this 😉 However, there's no reason why this shouldn't be integrated into spotify itself..
HazzeSwede

Another tip..the app Growl.

Liam
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Only ideas with 40+ kudos should have the good idea status.

Rocio
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Peter__

Would really love this to happen! 

Peter

margj811

Yes, this should be so nice to have with Spotify, please have it for next update 🙂 🙂 🙂 Cheers and thanks in advance from Sweden 😉

mkdrag0

Is this happening yet?   Had the brilliant idea tonite too that Spot needs a lil pop up player!

pseudopsyche

This would be great.  In the meantime, does anyone know of somethine like Toastify for OS X?