Announcements

[Desktop][Radio] Don't include songs from my library in radio

Remove radio personalization. I am completely and utterly sick of mediocre songs that I add to my playlists, purely for content purposes, showing up in all of my radios. I listen to radios to find music similar to the song, playlist, album or artist that I chose - *not* to listen to music I semi-like already. I would love it if there was an option to make it semi-personal or completely depersonalized.

Updated on 2021-03-10

Marked as a new idea and modified the title slightly to make it easier to find 🙂

Comments
Jose_M
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2021-03-10

Marked as a new idea and modified the title slightly to make it easier to find 🙂

Scotty7
Casual Listener

Yeah it is completely redundant for your playlist songs to show up in radios. I thought the entire point of them was discovery. 

Thompson2020

There are many users with that exact same frustration: It is nearly impossible to explore & discover new music through Spotify radio & it is utterly useless if it's just producing tracks you've heard many times before. We need to make more noise so the fine people at the other end finally understand what their userbase is looking for in something called "radio". They need to reiterate on it's functionality OR introduce a new exploration feature altogether. 

Ryandaly3

Totally agree. The reason I joined Spotify was how easy it was to find bee music, and lately it’s algorithm has been regurgitation songs i already have been listening to 

wall03

I would love to see this. With what the radio feature is right now, it's basically shuffling my liked songs.

endriagodenoche
Casual Listener

Or a way to mark the playlist as "don't use this for suggestions." I have a playlist for sleeping that I use pretty regularly. Those songs shouldn't come on while I'm driving. 🙂 

nintendude794
Regular

I agree. Frustrating not only to hear songs I've already liked on any given Radio, but also to hear songs that are irrelevant and dissimilar to the album/artist/playlist that current Radio is supposedly "Based On".