Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Restore the Date Added column

For the Web Player and Desktop application, when viewing your own Playlists you created, you used to be able to see the date the song was added to the Playlist.  I used to use this feature, as I have a Playlist where I only keep new music on it, and remove the song from that Playlist either once I tire of it, or after a certain amount of time has passed then I remove it.  Now, I can no longer see the date the song was added with the most recent updates.  Obviously, I know the song at the top of the Playlist is the oldest, but that still doesn't tell me if it has been on that Playlist for a day or a year.  I would like that added back, or, at least have it an optional feature that can be displayed if one chooses, if it's only a minority of users who like that being displayed.

Updated on 2021-01-01

Thanks for coming to the Community and sharing your feedback with us!

Your voice has been heard and this is now implemented into our current test version of the 'New Desktop Experience'.

Feel free to share any further feedback related to this feature, or the new test version in general, here.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-05-09

Hey @Merc136 

If you're getting a Web Player experience in the Desktop, you may be part of a test. Check this thread for more info:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Desktop-Lost-Features-no-friend-tab-etc/m-p/4915829

If that's the case, please vote for this Idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Allow-an-optional-switch-between-desktop-and-web...

If that's not the case, let me know, so I can update the status accordingly.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Merc136

Ah, that could be the case.  I am more familiar with the Desktop than the Web Player.  I've been using the Desktop application in a Windows environment more than the Web Player.  I know for sure, the Date Added info on the right next to a song on a Playlist was definitely a Desktop feature that has since disappeared.  I did notice some other visual changes recently on the Desktop application as well.  I am not familiar enough with the Web Player to recognize if I am simply getting the Web Player experience in the Desktop, but that's entirely possible.  Thank you.

Katerina
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-05-09

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also edited slightly the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

absolute_kq

If this doesn't work out I recommend using IFTTT, which had an applet that adds all music you save to a monthly playlist. I use it for keeping track of all my new music and have a playlist folder for all of them. I listen to a lot of new music so this helps me a lot

https://ifttt.com/applets/rC5QtGu6

undefined_input

Would like to see this too.

ParentalControl

this new desktop implementation of the web player is horrible without fundamental sort features and edit features from the old interface. I understand that the web player is the future but don't force it on your users if you're not going to have the same intuitive features such as sorting and playlist re-ordering in bulk.

SpokeyDokey

Why is this marked as a new idea?

It's something that was available and then for some unknown reason it was removed.

It was a very useful feature - just put it back.  Please!

fixmystuff

This needs to be fixed, why would you get rid of this feature? I want my music in order of which I added it to my playlist, not just randomly thrown to get like a heethen. Not a new Idea, something that was there and then taken away. Add back to windows app please.

Xenia
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-01-01

Thanks for coming to the Community and sharing your feedback with us!

Your voice has been heard and this is now implemented into our current test version of the 'New Desktop Experience'.

Feel free to share any further feedback related to this feature, or the new test version in general, here.