Announcements

[Desktop][Search] Albums on the Artist Page should be collapsed

The artist page layout is too cluttered. The albums should initially show as only tiles to make searching easier. only once you click on an album title should it expand to show the track listings. This would help a lot for artists that have extensive catalogs. This could be an opt-in option somewhere obvious on the screen for those that like the current setup. 

For example, I was looking at the Randy Newman page and I had to scroll a long way before I got past all of the Disney stuff, much of which were duplicates of the same album with only small differences. The current setup leads to annoying and wasting the time of the user.  

Updated on 2020-09-16

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

We've just updated the title to make it more clear for other users and we've changed the label of the idea to "Desktop" instead of "All platforms", considering that on mobile, all the albums are already collapsed as you are requesting for desktop. 

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Rock Star 12
Rock Star 12
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-09-16

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

We've just updated the title to make it more clear for other users and we've changed the label of the idea to "Desktop" instead of "All platforms", considering that on mobile, all the albums are already collapsed as you are requesting for desktop. 

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.