[Desktop][Search] Bring Back Sorting in Search Results - 2018

I was previously able to sort my search results when looking for song titles, which made it easy to find the song and version I wanted.  With one of the recent updates (not sure how recent) I've lost that ability!  I do a lot of searching and now it's a lot harder to find the specific song/version I'm looking for.  Can y'all please bring this back??

Updated on 2019-04-30

Marked as new idea.

Comments
bcoadmin
Casual Listener

Here we are, almost 2 months later, and one of THE most important features has still not been reinstated.

This is beyond comprehension - the mindset and attitude reminds me of Microsoft!

Anyone seen the uproar regarding features being removed, for no good reason, from Skype?

Well this is as bad as that!!!

I have been a premium member for several years and, although it will not bother Spotify, I will not be renewing my subscription...

carpboy2
Regular

If y'all aren't aware, this iteration of sort disappearing was the response to:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Ordering-Songs-In-Search-Wrong-Song-Plays/idi-p/4571...

That bug was a sorted playlist would play the wrong song when clicked. Spotify's solution was to just kill the sort - there, problem solved.

Please vote - for what it's worth, also on the other bug, it has more votes than here.

Thanks.

henryec3

Agreed with the thought that removing useful features is not an upgrade.    Such crude belies the many fine features of Spotify.

MSGA        make spotify great again

RickC
Casual Listener

Folks - Spotify just goes in circles - Paid subscribers screamed for this feature about 5 years ago and when back in the day Spotify was responsive, they actually implemented it. . .

(Check out the announcement of this "implemented" feature: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Bring-Back-Sorting-in-Search-Results/idi-p/757011...)

They then proceeded to take it away for some odd reason.   

Example of the product going backwards without any substantial improvement in the last 3-5 years.  If anyone comes up with how this product is in any way substantially better than it was 5 years ago, I would be surprised. 

How about a basic sleep timer?  Eh? 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-04-30

Marked as new idea.

Spongeloaf
Regular

@Marco wrote:

Updated on 2019-04-30

Marked as new idea.

This is NOT A NEW IDEA. It's an exisiting feature that you removed or neglected to carry forward during refactoring. If anything, this is a bug report.

Please, this is totally ridiculous. Some searches return hundreds of results nad you've taken away one of our best tools for narrowing results.

THX1965
Casual Listener

This is not a new idea! We've had this feature, before it went away! Why? Nobody knows.

Not being able to sort search results is driving many of us crazy - especially when searching for single word song titles.

Try finding all versions of the song "Don't" for example - just "Don't" and not "Don't Matter To Me" or 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever".

It's bad enough that we can't force Spotify to look for the exact single word and only display a perfect match - but sorting search results would somewhat make up for that shortcoming. We'd at least be able to scroll to all the songs that are just named "Don't" and nothing else.

Right now, it's more like looking for a needle in a haystack.

michaelstoye85
Casual Listener

I cannot understand why this essential feature was removed. From usability point of view it is common sense today to give the users the ability to sort any column in a table view. 

For example, I used it a lot when looking for new songs of an artist by sorting for the popularity of the songs.

For me, this is really annoying