Announcements

[Desktop][Search] Bring Back Sorting in Search Results - 2018

I was previously able to sort my search results when looking for song titles, which made it easy to find the song and version I wanted.  With one of the recent updates (not sure how recent) I've lost that ability!  I do a lot of searching and now it's a lot harder to find the specific song/version I'm looking for.  Can y'all please bring this back??

Updated on 2019-04-30

Marked as new idea.

Comments
mattlohkamp

spotify is the only app I know that consistently removes features as it updates - and it is pretty crazy that they still have not fixed this. Sorting by artist / album / duration is essential for finding covers and remixes😡

RickC
Casual Listener

Spotify is hard to figure out - they almost appear antagonistic towards their paying customers!   It took them nearly a decade to implement a simple sleep timer (basic feature duh...).  Yet they take away useful features that are already implemented.    Perhaps they should hire interns to write their code.  (or maybe they already do....) 

SimonHollevet
Visitor

This is not a "new idea" this is an old superior feature that has to come back!

Matteroftaste
Visitor

Unfortunately they are probably never going repair this. This missing sorting function in the desktop app is essential, but I guess they are probably getting paid by the music industry for the positions in the search results, so we have to swallow what they give us. Sadly I cannot think of any other explanation. They can't be that incompetent, can they?

Spongeloaf
Regular
You're probably right, but why not deliver those results in the order
first, and then let us sort them after? I know it's probably not
realistic, but I cannot help imagining some fat old record label exec
taking a long drag from a cigar and grinning while swirling some brandy
around in a cup.
Kopojk

Make this tweet fly and maybe we can get somewhere with this. The number of votes on this "Idea" does not reflect to the severity of the issue or how many people are struggling with it.

https://twitter.com/fredrik_storm/status/1269447886460289024

phasmo1
Casual Listener

I'm just curious as to why, oh WHY would Spotify even remove this feature in the first place? It's not exactly a technical hurdle to implement (it was there and it worked!) and it's such a staple of pretty much any search engine.

LeighMcG

PLEASE bring this back! It's a feature I used to us build playlists all the time - sometimes I want to sort by length of the track, sometimes by artist, all sorts of reasons. Why take it out in the first place?!

cheetahsblood
Regular

Sorting by popularity was such a great feature to find songs that I've never listened to but knew other people liked. I feel like this is another instance in which Spotify has taken this feature away because of monetary reasons. It must hurt their bottom line each time more popular songs are played.

seussman71

I find many of your changes to the desktop and Roku versions of the app silly. This one, especially. We HAD the ability, then you took it away. Now we have to vote on it to bring it back? Come on, Spotify.

Related Ideas