Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Social] Enable Group Session on Desktop

Group Session was recently added to Spotify and it seems like a wonderful feature so far. Unfortunately, it is only available on mobile and tablet so those of us who primarily use the desktop app cannot use it. Please include desktop users in the party!

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 8.32.26 AM.png

I greatly prefer the experience and UI on the desktop app and I believe it is better suited for adding songs to a queue (as you do in group session).

Updated on 2024-03-18

Hi there folks,

We're happy to let you all know that this feature has now been Implemented! You can find all the details on the topic in this announcement post. You're welcome to post your thoughts and feedback there as well.

Cheers!

Comments
neets

Why does this idea still have the status of "New idea" when it has almost 800 votes? Shouldn't it be at least under consideration?

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 180 votes! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

goyoq

99% of the time I'm using it on a desktop. Please.

axeashbrooke

Blows my mind that this isn't a feature on desktop. If mobile can do it, why can't we do it on desktop? Much needed, please add, love you devs and please keep giving us the tools we need to make playing and sharing music easier!

rajtyn

It blows my mind how this is over a year old thread with 1k+ upvotes and nothing is being done about it.

Like being a few year subsriber to Spotify it is just so dissapointing.

Maybe soon it is time to look for better alternatives... Not much good comming with such attitude and lack of care for their customers.

Jonasw17

In my opinion, there should be an option to start a group session on the computer. Now there already is a way around this by starting it on mobile and go to devices and use other device to listen on. But it should be much easier by just making it possible to start it on pc. Now that discord-music-bots are gone, this would made a lot of the Spotify Premium members on pc happy.

z1sa2r5shdz95ug

This is a good idea, I like it! 😀

5y47wt67qp2ygg2

Soo... Wheres the ETA/update on this?

doomskull98

I agree that this should have been implemented a while ago. Especially with remote work being the only option for myriads globally, it only makes sense that group sessions exist on PC.