Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Social] Enable Group Session on Desktop

Group Session was recently added to Spotify and it seems like a wonderful feature so far. Unfortunately, it is only available on mobile and tablet so those of us who primarily use the desktop app cannot use it. Please include desktop users in the party!

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 8.32.26 AM.png

I greatly prefer the experience and UI on the desktop app and I believe it is better suited for adding songs to a queue (as you do in group session).

Updated on 2024-03-18

Hi there folks,

We're happy to let you all know that this feature has now been Implemented! You can find all the details on the topic in this announcement post. You're welcome to post your thoughts and feedback there as well.

Cheers!

Comments
KillaDeath

has this idea been looked at by spotify?? i think this is a great thing to implement as i would like to listen to music with my friends and stuff on pc but group listening or group sessions are not avaliable to pc users.

OverkillPhil

Also eagerly waiting...Bump.

Laura_Mog

Not being avaiable on PC has caused me a lot of headache, along with general issues with the group sessions, lagging on one end so for one person the song ends early, getting kicked out of the session, losing the queue I created, etc.

mikekay

Throwing in my hat on this one as well. Thanks,

Invonnation

Bump! Fix this!

hackscomicon

Right now I want to be on discord on my laptop and also listen to the music together with a friend and I can't do that because I can't have a Spotify session on desktop 😕

Silverware

Why does it seem like Spotify treats the web and desktop versions as second class citizens?

I work a desk job and use Spotify as a recent replacement for YouTube Music. I was hoping, based on my previous experiences with Spotify, that the whole system would be fairly consistent. But all I am finding is that the Desktop and Web App are treated as trash not fit to receive all the features. Even though it seems like there is no programming hurdles to overcome for these devices.

I sit in my lounge with my family and would love to be able to have anyone in the family able to queue up music to play on the speakers while we are all in the same room. But having to pull out my phone any time I wish to interact with the setup is a problem for me, since I already have Spotify running on my desktop right there.

There seems to me to be no reason behind this other than a lack of willingness to implement features properly across all the "supported" interfaces. Since other missing features include such as "blocking songs" which previously /had/ been part of Spotify on both desktop and mobile in the thumbs up/down feature.

I would really love this to be at least extended to the desktop app. 

realywq

sadly after 3 years this feature hasn't yet been added.

boudywho

very needed, but I don't think it will ever come to PC