Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Social] Separate friends from artists

It's a little clunky when you're trying to see all the non-artists you follow. Currently, those people are mashed into the complete list of follows, which can be among hundreds or more of artists, and you have to know to go to your profile first to see them. It's also clunky that you can't see all friends on the friend feed or get to a full list of them, but that's a whole other suggestion, lol. Here's what I had in mind to decouple the non-artists on our profile page [image attached]. The concept here would be similar on mobile too.

Friends decoupled on profile pageFriends decoupled on profile page

Updated on 2021-10-06

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Ver
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-08-18

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

coopercowley

I agree! I don’t even follow any artists because I hate the way it looks…

Emilia_8
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-08-30

Hello again!

It looks like your Idea has gained enough +VOTES to be marked as Good Suggestion

Hopefully it will continue to grow!

Thanks again for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here. 

Flipflop24

Definitely! This would be so much better!

Vinoses

Allow filtering of those I am following, such as Artists and People.

This is basic

I have over 1000 Artists followed so,

I am unable to view the People.

I am unable to view all the Artists.

Vinoses_0-1630631611659.png

You could:

• Remove the feature to view who we are Following
  • Remove the feature to follow People
  • Remove the feature to follow Artists.

I know you all love removing features.

Anyway, right now it is Broke

yearnforagony

i think an option to separate your following list between artists and friends would be really helpful, i know when you click on it it shows the artists on top and regular users on the bottom but still, it would be nice to have them in separate lists and maybe have the option to sort them alphabetically or other options like in the "your library" section where we can sort them by "custom order", "recently added" etc additionally something like "follows you back" would be cool that way you can sort your following list and see who follows you or not

Novy
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-10-06

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

Please vote for the below to bring back the original library organisation/layout where it does not just show 'followed' artists but ALL artists users have liked songs from.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Show-all-Artists-in-Library-not-just-follow...

GuiltMachine

Anything new regarding to this? I hate having friends and artists mixed in my followed list.

yearnforagony

last update was two years ago but this is still very much necessary!!!! please add this function it is horrible looking through the following list and everything is 

1) mixed between friends and artists

2) impossible to sort (I.E latest followed, alphabetical etc)