[Desktop] Spotify floating Toolbar Player

Hello!

Since most ideas seems to be different ways to make our listening more efficient, smooth and comfortable here´s mine.
Many computers today already have integrated hotkeys (usually located above the F1-F12 buttons) that allows simple pausing and previous/next functions. However, keyboards/laptop keyboards that doesnt have these buttons would benefit from having an option to show a smaller version on-screen providing the same functions. The toolbar would be shown on top of current windows. (activated by pressing an (editable) hotkey?)  (See image)
While the current option works well enough, it force-minimizes the current window and brings up the Spotify window, which we then have to minimize, before returning to previous occupation.

This "toolbar" would probably be most appealing to gamers, since we dont like interruptions ;) , but also to others who wish to make their music experience as pleasant as possible.

Sure, we´re talking about seconds.
But these seconds matters.

Happy and efficient listening!

SpotifyIdea.jpg

EDIT:
Several years later...

300+ kudos.  Nice!
When I wrote toolbar, I realize overlay would better describe what I'm hoping for. Much like how the Task Manager window has an option for "always on top", a very slim Spotify bar with the same propertiy would be great in-game or in any other fullscreen application.

Similar, but not the same:

Spotify Mini Player Concept by pixelpusher.
Kudos for kudos!

Updated on 2018-10-02

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

For now, we're keeping this marked as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know!

Comments
hēnk
Roadie
Why you no use MPRIS?
valentin88

like windows media player at the bottom right of windows toolbar ! :D Thanks to enginners we're waiting :)

SolidSimplicity

I would like to also 2nd(or 3rd whatever..)this idea. These days windows xp is considered a pretty old(but not windows 95 old) os but having a consistent toolbar like the windows media player. The toolbar in the example above on the person that started the topic has a good a good idea as well but looks like something for Windows 7 or the new 8. I say make the one in picture above for new os's and give us a standalone for xp kinda like the one wmp uses as a toolbar in xp. Good idea or do you all have a better opinion? Shout out people! :)

Liam
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Only ideas with 40+ kudos should have the good idea status.
mcdonaldalisonc
Casual Listener

When will we have this?! Sounds Awesome

Rocio
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

johnthetree

please do this

user-removed
Not applicable

Strongly agree - we need this!

mullena
Casual Listener

Nice neat toolbar please, like the Winamp one!

ALLL
Casual Listener

Need this please