Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Support for additional file types such as AIFF and WAV

A few people have mentioned this before but i think it would be really useful to be able to import (or at least convert on importing) additional music files such as WAV or AIFF. I have had to switch to Apple Music to do this but would prefer to stay with Spotify. Thanks!

Updated on 2022-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Android, Desktop, etc. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Peter
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-04-16

Marked as a new idea!

Note: This is a repost of this inactive idea.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Rim4

Any update?

Rim4

Any update?

grogel

**bleep** you must be joking. How TF we don't have FLAC?

uguraykar1

We want flacccc!!!!! 

Can0fBepis

Absolute Sh*tc*nts why has this not been implemented YEARS AGO 😑

rifqiace

I literally cannot think of any sensible reason on why spotify does not have this feature. Also, to stream FLAC songs would be a game-changer to HiFi streaming competition.

gabboxl

Cmooon I have a library full of FLACs and can't play them on Spotify's player! please... I hope you'll take this seriously this year

wullon

I just randomly tried to add a new local folder and... awesome, Spotify does play local FLAC files now!

(version 1.1.52.687.gf5565fe5, macOS)

(also works on 1.1.53.608.g7ed9c03a)

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.