[Desktop] Temporary song history in Queue

An option to be able to see a limited amount of previously played songs in the queue tab by scrolling upward. I spend a lot of time looking for songs that were just being played that I want to add to a playlist. This idea would not add clutter, because it would be hidden until the user scrolls up from the currently playing song.

Updated on 2020-06-13

Hey @jaspergrenager,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

In the meantime, you may also want to check out and add your vote to this similar idea.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-06-13

Hey @jaspergrenager,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

In the meantime, you may also want to check out and add your vote to this similar idea.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

OP, this already exists. If you open your queue, there will be two tabs right under the big 'Play Queue' header that say 'Queue' and 'History.' It's pretty self explanatory from there, I think. I'm not sure how many songs the history holds as it's been a while since I've used Spotify, but mine currently has twenty-eight songs in it.

raenedayz_0-1592076403014.png

Hope this helps!