Announcements

[Desktop][UX] Re-enable pinch zoom on MacOS

Until somewhere around September 2020, on MacOS client it was possible to pinch zoom to any point in UI using the trackpad (similar to pinch zoom in Safari or Chrome). Now this feature is gone. A number of of users found it great for zooming in on album arts, profile pictures or other pictures in general.

This is not the same as the available zoom that just scales the whole UI (View > Zoom In). I am only refering to pinch zoom done with a trackpad.

Originally discussed here, but Spotify team asked to create a new "idea":
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Zoom-in-Spotify-on-mac-OS/m-p/5050819/highlight/true#M5...

I've seen people complaining that they can zoom out too much and can't get Spotify UI back to 100%, though I could never reproduce that on multiple MacOS instances while zooming in and out.

Updated on 2020-10-20

Hey @Doompster,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-10-20

Hey @Doompster,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

100% agreed! I used to do this all the time, as every music platform seems to eliminate the option for viewing album art in any higher resolution than the tiny little box in the corner.

Please let us view album art as large as we want again!

Thank you